Tropic is transforming the purchasing process for software with data, tools, and services. Part of our offering is procurement-as-a-service for high-growth tech companies. We create savings for the most sophisticated companies in the country.
The Procurement Specialist represents Tropic in the field and delivers this service. You will work directly with the C-Suite at our clients and with the vendors they buy. You will lead and win complex commercial conversations, executing software purchases on our clients' behalf. This person will be buying technology across many different companies at once and will be a top-performer hungry for an interesting new challenge.
We are a seed stage company and looking for people who are excited about owning the first non-founder role on the Procurement team. We are on track to 5X our business in the next two quarters and invite you to join us and help us build.
As a Procurement Specialist you will:
- Own the software purchasing and renewal process for well known enterprises
- Work collaboratively with the account team to ensure cohesive service
- Diligently research contract types to maintain a competitive edge
- Update internal database of intelligence
- Lead high stakes discussions around financials
- Maintain operational excellence to thoroughly delight our Clients
- Consistently refresh your negotiation abilities
- Foster trust in both our Clients and the Vendors you interface with to ensure that the Tropic brand is held in a positive light throughout the industry
- Participate in all Tropic team-building activities and find ways to integrate your personality into our culture
- Field experience; SDR, Procurement Specialist
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Strong negotiator with experience executing complex contracts
- Comfort leading intense business conversations
- Data-driven and results-focused orientation
- Verifiable track record of high performance
- Desire to own and execute on projects with autonomy
- Expert project manager
- Growth mindset
Software purchasing is broken. With no real transparency, software costs for buyers have ballooned to unsustainable levels for customers. Tropic is the future of software purchasing. We have delivered millions of dollars in savings to our clients, and we are making a painful process nearly invisible.
Tropic is backed by Founder Collective (Uber, Trade Desk) and CEOs from 3 unicorn companies. Our advisory board includes global executives from Uber, Qualtrics and Nike. We have already driven millions in savings for brands like Kenneth Cole, Simon Data, Bleacher Report, and we are on pace to 5X our business between now and the end of the year.
In pursuit of our mission, we focus on five core values: transparency, integrity, growth, empathy, and responsibility. Our ideal candidate will embody these.
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We support Black Lives Matter.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.