Hi, we’re Trust & Will. We’re making estate planning simple, affordable, & accessible with a design-first approach and amazing customer support. In just over 3 years of launching, we have 100,000+ happy customers using our complete suite of products nationwide. We’re making estate planning accessile, affordabble, and inclusive for every American.
We’re backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Link Ventures, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, Western Technology Investments, Luma Launch, Halogen Ventures, and Techstars, as well as a prominent list of angel investors who all believe in our mission to help everyone leave a legacy they can be proud of.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Designer to work directly with our Product team on transforming the world of estate planning.
You have 3+ years of experience designing consumer web applications and front end websites. You care as much about the way something looks as the way it's implemented into code to create an elegant and seamless user experience. You understand how brand plays a key role in defining an experience and strive for the best possible implementation across any channel. You want to work with a talented and driven team who pushes you to improve your craft and make a meaningful impact with your work.
You’ve worked in multi-disciplinary product teams, working and alongside other designers and developers; ideally, this would be in the form of another digital product at scale. You’re open to sharing knowledge and improving our standards and team processes, be it through design reviews, user interviews, or other methods. You love to use tests and data to justify your product decisions and can understand requirements to help define what needs to be done to get the results that are needed.
- Work directly with our Head of Product to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with our Head of Engineering and our developemnt team to ensure features are built as specified
- Work with our Marketing team to design external brand communication
- Find and address UX issues
- Participate in product reviews and feature discussions
- Assist in building new features and products as part of cross-functional teams, ensuring that our brand standards are upheld
- Improve existing features, keeping them in line with best practices and new technologies
- Propose and determine new uses of technology and tools to improve UX and solve problems with an understanding of how the technology works and will integrate into the product
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgment to make independent decisions
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team - be it through design commentary, UX reviews, etc.
- Learn new skills and techniques that improve your own work as well as the rest of the teams
- Help shape the future of tech at Trust & Will, highlighting areas we can improve, sharing ideas and helping in hiring new team members
- HTML & CSS knowledge
- Abililty to create create lightweight, rapid prototypes
- Illustration chops
Benefits & Perks
- We are currently WFH and fully remote due to COVID19 but we have built an amazing remote culture / team in the process!
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter benefits (when in office)
- Great work environment - always!
- Work alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company
Even though we are currently working remotely, we'd prefer to hear from candidates who are located in San Diego, or actively planning on relocating. Once it is safe to do so, we plan to return to our beautiful light filled office located in the heart of Little Italy. We'd love for you to join us there. All interviews will be conducted remotely. This will be a remote position until we return to the office later this year.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, please get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude are just as important as experience!
Please include a link to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile along with a breif cover letter outlining why you think you are a good fit for Trust & Will. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
= = = = = =
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Trust & Will's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.