Uber is working to make transportation safer and more accessible, helping people order food quickly and affordably, reducing congestion in cities by getting more people into fewer cars, and creating opportunities for people to work on their own terms.
About the Role
The Uber Ads team helps merchants optimally and efficiently reach Uber's customers. As a new and rapidly growing business unit, we are a cross functional team constantly exploring and discovering innovative ways to help our advertising partners. Uber Ads officially launched in 2020 by offering Sponsored Listings on the Uber Eats marketplace. Since then, thousands of our restaurant partners around the world have utilized the product to expand their reach. As we move forward into new products and platforms, Uber Ads is set to become an engine of growth for our merchants and Uber.
The Uber Ads Sr. Strategy and Planning Associate will work with leadership to set our strategy, align teams around that strategy, collaborate with business partners to deliver on it, and deliver internal updates on key metrics and performance indicators. This role will partner with the Uber Delivery Strategy and Planning leadership teams to ensure Ads is represented across the Delivery business unit.
What You'll Do
- Set long-term business strategy in partnership with the leadership team and align cross-functional partners with that strategy; be a business and industry specialist and the go-to person for key critical initiatives.
- Address key strategic questions through analytical frameworks and insights to build a balanced and long-term advantage for Uber Ads.
- Understand the digital advertising landscape, and identify potential opportunities to grow into adjacent markets.
- Implement pilots to prove business cases and support full-scale rollouts.
- Communicate findings and insights to diverse audiences from senior executives to new hires to subject matter experts.
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members in different parts of the business.
- Work with regional teams to develop market specific plans
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4+ years of analytical or strategy experience.
- An ability to synthesize information quickly, to distill key takeaways, and to weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires.
- An ability to build deep relationships across a broad organization, cultivate a fun and collaborative work environment, and identify problems from different perspectives. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role.
- High standards and a bias toward action. You can find the context and information you need through relationships across the organization, you push for clarity and delivery, and you hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with.
- Grit and perseverance. You're passionate about a challenge and push yourself to persevere when others back away.
- Outstanding SQL & Excel / data management skills.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.