Udacity, Inc. is a for-profit educational organization founded by Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, and Mike Sokolsky offering massive open online courses.
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed
The Instructor Partnerships and Success team at Udacity is responsible for building and engaging Udacity’s community of instructors. In this role, you will drive the development and execution of our instructor experience programs. You will build on our existing engagement programs and processes with the Instructor Partnerships and Success team. These programs and processes are intended to improve instructor experience related to contracting and onboarding, payments, course development, training and resources, and re-engagement in future course opportunities. Our instructors range from industry practitioners to entrepreneurs. This is a great opportunity for those interested in gaining a blend of experience in hiring processes, experience programs, and instructional design.
Additionally, you will drive the search and contract process for a small portfolio of programs. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with instructors by managing outreach, executing deals, and nurturing a future pipeline for our learning programs.
You will be a key member of the Instructor Partnerships and Success team, reporting to our Senior Manager of Instructor Partnerships and Success team.
- Implement innovative ways to engage and support our instructors throughout the lifecycle of partnership from onboarding, course development, offboarding, and community
- Partner with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Product, Finance/Accounting, and Content to create high engagement programs
- Responsible for end-to-end instructor partnership for assigned programs; may include identification of target instructor profiles, initial outreach and screens, scheduling appointments, deal/term negotiations (including drafting term sheets), and coordinating post-contract processes
- Comfortable speaking with external partners (at scale) and building relationships; can understand and speak to new technical domain areas quickly
- Manage instructor talent pipeline across multiple programs, and comfortable with working in undefined situations and under deadline pressure
- Resourceful, proactive, and creative when problem solving, and able to exercise sound judgment
What we value
- Comfort and confidence partnering with external stakeholders via different channels (experience may range from community management, communications and content writing, recruiting, or sales/business development).
- Three to five years experience creating and managing community, retention, and engagement programs. Experience in operations, community management, and program development is a plus.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, excellent organizational and communication skills, and willingness to be flexible.
- Quick learner, who can operate independently, not afraid to operate in fast-paced, ambiguous environment managing competing priorities
- Curious to learn about cutting-edge technology domains and passionate about the impact of technology in education
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.