Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% direct revenue for their Medicare insurers.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Floodgate (Lyft, Twitter, Twitch), Cowboy Ventures (Lending Home, DocSend) and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time with deep demographic and social pressures being applied to our healthcare system. Come work with us!
We are looking for best-in-class team member to get Medicare members excited about all of the benefits of enrolling into government programs. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the government programs that confuse the millions of low-income individuals across the US. This role will conduct outbound campaigns to engage members and determine their eligibility for a range of government programs. This role will work directly with Medicare members to understand their potential savings, clearly communicate what the member can expect working, and get them excited about the savings and benefits that come with working with Uno!
A few more details:
- You will kick off member engagement outreach and strategy, getting members excited about saving money through government programs and setting goals.
- You will be responsible for hitting conversion targets and volume targets, providing consistent updates on work funnels and flag delays and blockers.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis.
This role requires
- 1-2+ years experience in an outbound telephonic role and a passion for honing core sales principles to match real member’s needs with our solution
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal
- >1 year working with multiple technology tools at once and ability to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google Suite, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Prior selling experience (telemarketing, sales development representative, canvassing, client services, outbound call campaigns)
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise and present solutions
- Understanding of the complexity of the social service space and knowing how to navigate through it
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish and English
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to revolutionize the way we support low-income Medicare members
- Have experience working with Salesforce
- Have experience working with older and low-income populations.
- Understanding of what it means to work at with an early-stage startup and excitement about taking where you’ll take on responsibility within a growing team
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $40,000 base pay with the opportunity to earn up to roughly an additional $16,500 per year in bonus potential.
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH. FYI - this role will be remote until we secure a physical office in Downton Salt Lake City which we anticipate will be sometime late September.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM MDT to 5 PM MDT
- Time Off: 18 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays & 5 Sick Days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Growth Opportunities: Clear growth pathways and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!