New York, New York (Full time)
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% direct revenue for their Medicare insurers.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Floodgate (Lyft, Twitter, Twitch), Cowboy Ventures (Lending Home, DocSend) and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time with deep demographic and social pressures being applied to our healthcare system. Come work with us!
About the Role
We are looking for best-in-class team member to work to engage Medicare members and supercharge their successful enrollment into government programs. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the government programs that confuse the millions of low-income individuals across the US. This role is critical in quarterbacking the enrollment process and coordinating hand offs throughout every part of our operation. This role will work directly with Medicare members to set goals, overcome barriers, and get applications over the finish line, unlocking maximum savings.
A few more details:
- You will ensure that members have the support they need to gather supporting documentation.
- You will be responsible for hitting enrollment targets, providing consistent updates on work funnels and flag delays and blockers.
- You will hold your teammates accountable to operating at a level of excellence to deliver a delightful and efficient enrollment experience.
- You will manage follow up engagement appropriate with a member’s needs.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis.
This role requires
- 3+ years of experience with telephonic outreach, client engagement, member/patient support, case management, or social work, especially engaging marginalized populations
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to go deep into the weeds of complexity to support members in getting over the finish line to enrollment
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of a process by doing and implement workflow improvements based on those learnings
- Ability to maintain multiple queues of work and manage time effectively to deliver on daily SLAs
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise
- Understanding of the complexity of the social service space and knowing how to navigate it
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish and English
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have >1 year experience working in healthcare, social services, governmental agencies
- Have a desire to revolutionize the way we support low-income Medicare members
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google sheets, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Understanding of what it means to to work at an early-stage startup and excitement about taking on responsibility within a growing team
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $58,500 for Level 1 base pay + bonus potential
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
- Time Off: 18 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays & 5 Sick Days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Clear growth pathways and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment - Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!