Millions of Americans have a right to financial programs like Medicaid, SNAP, and utility assistance. These programs offer significant material relief—and dramatically improved health outcomes—for the people who receive them. But enrolling in them is confusing and challenging, with complicated applications and arcane lists of required documents. That’s where Uno comes in.
Uno Health builds clever, accessible technology around diligent case management teams to guide Medicare patients down the easiest possible paths to receiving their benefits. We’ve made it our mission to take care of all the messy processes and paperwork and to connect as many people as we can with critical government programs.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika (Clover) and Chloé Phitoussi (Oscar) have first-hand experience in developing strategies to make people’s lives better while unlocking extra revenue for their insurers. They have top-tier support: Uno’s investors include Floodgate (Lyft, Twitter, Twitch), Cowboy Ventures (Lending Home, DocSend), and some brilliant individual healthcare and technology leaders.
About the Role
We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager to onboard and train our growing team, with an initial focus on our Enrollment Operations team. You will identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs.
Your first 3 months look like…
You are becoming an expert in Uno, Medicare and governmental programs, and our current training program. Because focus is everything at a startup, you will be responsible for determining where to prioritize early efforts.
- Identify gaps in our current training program and develop action plans to address those gaps and improve our overall training success
- Establish scalable onboarding programs and materials to support our rapid growth by developing a curriculum that may include decks, quizzes, videos, webinars/virtual live trainings, and/or recorded trainings
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, convey results, progress and success of training program
- Lead and conduct training sessions with New Hires to ensure competency and ability to meet performance expectations
- Identify KPIs, define success, and measure outcomes of learning & development
- Manage and support growth of Training & Development associate(s)
You will continue to improve, maintain and update our training program as we scale:
- Assess whether a knowledge management platform/software is a good fit for Uno [Guru, Bridge, etc]
- Design & implement training feedback survey with New Hires & Managers to guide improving the training process
- Develop consistent schedule and calendar for all new hires, including ongoing training & development
- Expand training & development curriculum to the rest of the organization
- Overall maintain our #1 priority → serving our seniors with the highest level of care!
This role requires
- 3-5+ years of experience in learning & development or training
- Willingness to develop and continuously improve our training program
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product/Operations/Tech & Talent
- Experience implementing and managing a knowledge management platform [Guru, Bridge, others]
- Great communication skills [both verbal and written]
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Love to teach!
- Thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy startup environment.
- Have experience in the Medicare/Medicaid world.
- Are both creative and strategic.
- Are great at breaking down or simplifying complex problems
- Have an NPS >90 from your grandparents’ friends!