Here's what you'll do at Wise
What is the role? You'll be Wise's newest Web Developer
Who does this role report to? Rajesh Chemmala, our Lead Product Engineer, whom you’ll learn a lot from and have fun with. Prior to joining Wise, Rajesh was Product Manager at HotelKey and before that, Lead Android Developer at SplashData.
What does my day-to-day look like? Working with a world-class team, every day you will be challenged to exercise your skills in terms of analyzing and formulating different developmental processes and solving problems for our users, all to create a seamless Wise experience.
What do I need to excel in this role?
- A passion for tech and developing products.
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or any related field.
- Strong experience in platform/server-side development with Go and commonly used libraries. Real world Go experience is mandatory.
- Ability to design, build, maintain, and document RESTful APIs and services.
- Strong knowledge of the current programming techniques and tools.
- Eagerness to learn and work with a world-class team from all over the world.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including the ability to - clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Trustworthiness, ability to work independently, and strong work ethics.
Who else will I work with? CTO, Platform Architect, App Developers & QA Engineers
Where do I need to be? Anywhere in India, preferably in locations where many of our team members are located.
Here is why you should join Wise
What does Wise do? Wise embeds its business banking and payments product in a partner's app. The current focus is the US SMB ecosystem, and the plan is to go global. We're building for the future.
Who is backing Wise? Wise is a venture-backed by Base10 Partners (base10.vc) with participation from Abstract Ventures, Backend Capital, along with Saurabh Gupta, Jonathan Weiner, Michael Vaughan, Lawrence Chu, and other notable investors. See the funding announcement from earlier in 2020.
How much runway do you have? Two to three years. Infinite, if you come to help us make more than we spend :)
What is your culture like? Hungry | Honest | Humble | Healthy | Happy.
Come help us cultivate a 5H culture that keeps us wise. Learn more here. We believe team members do the best work when they are 5H.
Where can I learn more about Wise? We follow open-book management. Every team member knows how much we make and how much we spend. We move fast and have fun. We don't know the meaning of getting burned out. Our blog is a good place to start. If you have any other questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.