Here's what you'll do at Wise
What is the role? This role is focused on the development of tools & processes to automate the deployment of secure servers and services.
Who does this role report to? Richard Yau, CISO/Head of Infrastructure, whom you'll learn a lot from and have fun with. Richard was CISO & Head of DevOps at Legion Technologies and Sr. DevOps Engineer at Symantec prior to joining Wise team.
What does my day-to-day look like? You'll experience a mix of activities from setting up Kubernetes to deploying database systems, to implementing data pipelines. There is plenty of room to learn about the software deployment side of things as well.
What do I need to excel in this role?
- Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health and security of the system.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure the success of the system's operation. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
- You will be called upon to support the stack in the event of a failure. You need to be comfortable with on-call responsibility and be able to manage a crisis working with the broader team, communicating progress and challenges during the crisis.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps related role
- Expertise in Linux systems administration with Strong Network skills (Tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Hands-on Kubernetes or Docker experience, including deployment tools (spinnaker, istio)
- Solid understanding of server automation systems (SaltStack, Terraform, KOPS)
- Programming languages: GO, Bash, and Python
- Hands-on experience with PagerDuty, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Prometheus, Grafana, Kiali, EFK or Fluentd log processing & alerting systems
- Experience with security tools, auditing, and compliance requirements: WAF, HIM, NIDS, HIDS, PrivX, SonarQube
Who else will I work with? You will be part of the team that is in charge of building, securing, and maintaining our production platform.
Where do I need to be? Anywhere in India, preferably co-located with many of our team members.
Here is why you should join Wise
What does Wise do? Wise embeds its business banking and payments product in a partner's app. The current focus is the US SMB ecosystem, and the plan is to go global. We're building for the future.
Who is backing Wise? Wise is a venture-backed by Base10 Partners (base10.vc) with participation from Abstract Ventures, Backend Capital, along with Saurabh Gupta, Jonathan Weiner, Michael Vaughan, Lawrence Chu, and other notable investors. See the funding announcement from earlier in 2020
How much runway do you have? Two to three years. Infinite, if you come to help us make more than we spend :)
What is your culture like? Hungry | Honest | Humble | Healthy | Happy.
Come help us cultivate a 5H culture that keeps us wise. Learn more here. We believe team members do the best work when they are 5H.
Where can I learn more about Wise? We follow open-book management. Every team member knows how much we make and how much we spend. We move fast and have fun. We don't know the meaning of getting burned out. Our blog is a good place to start. If you have any other questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.