Here's what you'll do at Wise
What is the role? You'll Head Risk & Compliance
Who does this role report to? Raghav Lal, President at Wise. You'll have fun and learn a lot. Raghav was Chief Credit Officer at AMEX and GM of Small Business at VISA.
What does my day-to-day look like? You'll own the Risk & Compliance function. Role spreads across product, marketing, technology and ops.
What do I need to excel in this role?
- You are a US based Banking & Payments professional that:
- has a deep understanding of risk & controls across banking & payments;
- builds risk management strategies and implementing risk & control processes;
- has industry leading build expertise in EAD/PD/LGD models, underwriting credit and fraud risk (origination and post-origination) in a real-time unsecured lending environment;
- enjoys executive accountability for NPL, risk policy & compliance, preferably at a FinTech; and
- works closely with vendors (KYC, KYB, Transaction monitoring and other fraud/risk related vendors)
Who else will I work with? CISO, CTO, Head of Ops, Product & Marketing, Legal & compliance counsel (external), Vendors & Partners, other subject matter experts.
Where do I need to be? Anywhere in the US, since this role focused on the US market and requires knowledge of US banking and payment regs.
Here is why you should join Wise
What does Wise do? Wise embeds its business banking and payments product in a partner's app. Current focus is the US SMB ecosystem, and the plan is to go global. We're building for the future.
Who is backing Wise? Wise is a venture backed by Base10 Partners (base10.vc) with participation from Abstract Ventures, Backend Capital, along with Saurabh Gupta, Jonathan Weiner, Michael Vaughan, Lawrence Chu, and other notable investors. See the funding announcement from earlier in 2020.
How much runway do you have? Two to Three years. Infinite, if you come help us make more than we spend :)
What is your culture like? Hungry | Honest | Humble | Healthy | Happy.
Come help us cultivate a 5H culture that keeps us wise. Learn more here. We believe team members do the best work when they are 5H.
Where can I learn more about Wise? We follow open book management. Every team member knows how much we make and how much we spend. We move fast, and have fun. We don't know the meaning of getting burned out. Our blog is a good place to start. If you have any other questions, please reach out to email@example.com.