Here's what you'll do at Wise
What is the Role? You’ll be the Senior Product Manager at Wise.
Who does this role report to? Jared Franklin, Lead PM at Wise. Jared has a wide range of fintech experience from seed-stage companies like Blispay to large incumbents like PayPal.
What does my day-to-day look like? Strategizing and executing on a roadmap that positions Wise as a leading B2B2B financial services company. You’ll either be focused on efforts related to building the best business banking product or efforts related to positioning Wise as the best embedded-banking vendor to platforms and marketplaces. On any given day, you could be roadmapping, wireframing, drafting product specs, testing, analyzing, and collaboratively working through all the steps involved in the product lifecycle.
What do I need to excel in this role? No single person can check all of these boxes. We have a lot of work to do in different areas so deep experience in just some of these could make you a great fit.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager for a fintech or financial services company, or working on financial products inside of a non-financial services company.
- Experience successfully defining, launching, and iterating on products
- Experience developing and executing on a go-to-market strategy in collaboration with marketing, design, compliance, legal, sales, finance, engineering, and support teams.
- Extensive knowledge of some of these areas: banking, BaaS, core processing systems, payfacs, bank sponsorship relationships, small businesses, internal tools, fintech vendors, marketplaces, vertical SaaS, enterprise vendor management, developer platforms, SDKS, APIs, risk, payments, Stripe, pricing, billing, credit, lending, cards, issuing, payroll software, accounting software, and the financial services ecosystem
- Experience with some of these tools: product analytic and BI tools (Segment, Amplitude, Heap, Google Analytics, Looker, etc.), Jira, Linear, Sketch, Invision, Whimsical, Miro, Airtable, Notion, G Suite, Intercom, Slack, CMS’s, CRM’s, marketing and transactional email systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote-first environment with team members distributed across the globe
- Desire to work at a fast-paced start-up where your work will be integral to our success
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude. Ability to juggle multiple initiatives at once and to prioritize effectively
- Pragmatic product-mindset with the ability to make decisions with imperfect information
- Natural bias for quality craftsmanship
- Strong technical background
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
Who else will I work with? As a PM, you’ll likely interface with more teams in the company than anyone else. You’ll work with Design, Engineering, Technology/R&D, QA, Growth, Marketing, Data Science, Legal, Compliance, Customer Success, Partner Success, and others.
Where do I need to be? Anywhere in the US, since this role demands close collaboration with different team members located in the country.
Here is why you should join Wise
What does Wise do? Wise embeds its business banking and payments product in a partner's app. The current focus is the US SMB ecosystem, and the plan is to go global. We're building for the future.
Who is backing Wise? Wise is a venture-backed by Base10 Partners (base10.vc) with participation from Abstract Ventures, Backend Capital, along with Saurabh Gupta, Jonathan Weiner, Michael Vaughan, Lawrence Chu, and other notable investors. See the funding announcement from earlier in 2020.
How much runway do you have? Two to three years. Infinite, if you come to help us make more than we spend :)
What is your culture like? Hungry | Honest | Humble | Healthy | Happy.
Come help us cultivate a 5H culture that keeps us wise. Learn more here. We believe team members do the best work when they are 5H.
Where can I learn more about Wise? We follow open-book management. Every team member knows how much we make and how much we spend. We move fast and have fun. We don't know the meaning of getting burned out. Our blog is a good place to start. If you have any other questions, please reach out to email@example.com.