Designs and directs installation of electromechanical products or plant systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations that affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout, detailed drawings, and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Coordinates with Customers and outside Consultants/Vendors to release and realize new products.