Director of Business Operations
Yousician is looking for a Director of Business Operations to serve as a force-multiplier to the COO, and work on the strategic and operational activities that drive the company forward.
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
As Director of Business Operations, you will serve as a force-multiplier to the COO, and work on the strategic and operational activities that drive the company forward. This will be a rewarding, intense, high-growth role exposing you to all aspects of Yousician’s business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role is about laying the groundwork and creating sets of systems, workflow, and culture that enable the company to scale!
Business Processes & Operations
Build, implement, and scale new tools, processes, and playbooks to improve cross-functional coordination and company-wide execution. Planning & OKR’s
Coordinate quarterly/annual planning processes, ensuring strategic company objectives are translated into cross-functional initiatives and projects with clear scope, owners, timelines, and measures of success.
- Implement Objectives and Key Results (OKR) as a framework to develop, communicate, track, and maintain cascading goals throughout the company.
Meeting Cadence & Internal Communications
- Help organize and manage the cadence of effective cross-functional meetings including leadership team meetings, weekly all-hands meetings, board meeting prep, and leadership offsites.
Lead special projects across the company that align with company priorities (e.g. developing POV on the future of office work in the post-pandemic world).
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong ownership mentality and able to figure things out independently.
- Highly analytical and results-driven.
- Intellectually curious and have a high learning rate.
- Proactively look for ways to help the people around you be more effective.
- Extremely organized and structured.
- Excellent at building frameworks and processes.
- Strong communication skills, and able to drive cross-functional projects forward.
- Experienced in setting up and running business rhythm, reports, key performance indicators (KPI’s), objectives, and key results (OKR’s).
- Prior experience in consulting, operations, and/or project management.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package - salary, crazy perks - and work in a modern office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: yoga, culture and sports vouchers, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), and board game tournaments.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, voice and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating. Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!
CANDIDATE PRIVACY Here at Yousician, we take your privacy seriously. We only process your personal data for recruiting purposes. You can read more about candidate privacy in our Privacy Notice.