About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Senior Associate or Manager to join the Business Management and Strategy (BMS) team to help scale our business.
As a thought partner to senior management, you will work closely with teams across the organization to understand business performance, set strategy, and drive business growth.
What to expect?
As a member of the BMS team, you will become a trusted advisor to Contentful’s executives and functional leaders, and work on high-impact, top priority issues facing the business.
Projects and responsibilities may include:
- Identifying growth, efficiency, and strategic opportunities for the business: conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand business performance, evaluating investments or strategic decisions, identifying and prioritizing actions to take, and communicating insights to senior executives
- Driving successful execution: on specific one-off initiatives, or on process or systems improvements that support our growth trajectory
- Acting as the connective tissue of the company: facilitating cross-functional collaboration, driving and contributing to both specific high-priority projects and regular operating rhythms and business reviews
What you need to be successful?
BMS team members are strong business generalists with outstanding analytical and communication skills and knowledge of/strong interest in the content platform space. We are looking for candidates with 3+ years of general management experience in areas such as management consulting, investment banking/private equity, BizOps or SalesOps, analytics/strategy, or corporate/business development roles. Data analytics, data science, and business intelligence experience is also valuable.
Expected functional skills:
- Defines, structures, and frames complex problems and decisions in a simple, actionable way
- Performs accurate analysis on complex data and derives new and actionable business insights based on this
- Has experience building complex business models and analyses; ideally proficient in SQL (or is willing and able to learn)
- Communicates in a structured, clear way
- Successfully leads large cross-functional teams with a range of seniority levels (up to C-level)
- Experienced in driving from business analysis and insights to action: structuring and solving problems, seeking information needed to solve these, conducting analyses, recommending actions, getting buy-in and alignment from leaders and teams, and working with other teams to deliver results
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we? Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.