About the opportunity
The position of the Regional Enterprise Sales Director is a critical role in our North America Sales team reporting to the VP of North American Sales. You will be managing a sales team of experienced, outperforming Enterprise Account Executives with the task to hire and develop the best talent in the market to strategically increase sales presence throughout the East Coast.
As an experienced mentor with a strong enterprise software sales background, you are responsible for supporting your team in complex procurements, go-to-market initiatives and as a senior stakeholder for the customers in your region. Since your role is quota carrying, you own the regional forecast, identify and mitigate risks, tackle opportunities and constantly up-level your team through outstanding leadership and coaching.
What to expect?
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach new team members
- Contribute to regional strategy with metrics, observations and market research
- Create processes, set best practices and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Support team members in customer meetings and pitches
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and wider team
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive collaboration with Marketing, Recruitment, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS sales leadership experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing role
- 2+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Experience with a “land-and-expand” sales model
- Proven ability to manage a forecast across large teams
- History leading sales teams selling complex technical solutions to customers who span distinct divisions (e.g. marketing, IT, sales leadership)
- Proven successful experience in leading Enterprise Account Executives
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- History of promoting employees into leadership roles.
- Consultative selling experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.