Omnidian’s mission is to protect and accelerate capital invested in residential and commercial solar by homeowners and businesses across the nation. Our proprietary technology monitors your system 24/7, covers maintenance for all hardware and software components, and includes the industry’s leading Cash-Back Energy Guarantee. If your system under-performs, we’ll make it right, and compensate you for energy lost.
The award-winning Solar Experts in our Seattle Operations Center are available toll-free and have live, real-time access to your solar performance data. Today, we are responsible for over 200,000 solar homes nationwide including the large-scale portfolios of our Fortune 1000 clients. And, we’ve been named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Seattle Business Magazine for two years running.
The Job The role of every engineer at Omnidian is to understand the customer, the business, and technology, then collaborate with the team to produce business results. The job requires collaboration, independent thinking, good communication skills, self-motivation, and a desire to learn. As part of a small team in a technology-backed startup, there is lots of opportunity for major impact.
What You’ll Do
- Work with domain experts and customers to gain a deep understanding of the context
- Work with business leaders to understand our business model (We’re creating a brand new industry!)
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to define a path to success
- Deliver technology (both independently, as a team member) to support that path
- Be responsible for your own impact
- Contribute to every stage in the software development life cycle
- Remote Work - For the safety of our team members, all employees are presently working from home
Who You Are
- You want to deliver software that results in business impact
- You are able to deliver quality software in a timely manner
- You are able to learn new concepts, tools, and technologies quickly
- You enjoy a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You are committed to excellence and integrity
You have a growth-oriented mindset
Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus, but not required:
- Full-stack development
- Distributed/parallel computing
- Asynchronous message processing
- Service-oriented architecture
- AWS (or equivalent)
- Big data
- Time-series data
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring our hiring and retention practices as well as our office culture reflects this value.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.