Reforge is masterclasses for experienced practitioners who want to continue leveling up their skills.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is an opportunity for an experienced Product Designer to design the new frontier of professional development. Our product enables high-performing practitioners to maximize their impact and accelerate their careers through a unique fusion of content and community. The Senior Product Designer will play an instrumental role in realizing this vision and building a design system that scales.
You'll be joining as part of the foundational team of a profitable proven startup with eight-figure revenue, that is led by experienced entrepreneurs. In addition, you will be integrated into our community of subject matter experts include the leaders behind building companies like Slack, Pinterest, CreditKarma, ClassPass, ipsy, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, Thumbtack, and more.
Our professional world is changing faster than ever. This accelerating change creates more opportunity than ever before, but how we capture this opportunity is lagging far behind. Professional development and masters level education is a lifelong endeavor, however but there is a growing gap of what professionals want/need and the existing options available.
Reforge develops professional development programs for top performers. We work with the leaders of the fastest growing and most innovative companies such as Uber, Pinterest, Atlassian, and HubSpot to teach frontier topics to todays emerging leaders. Our programs focus on:
- Results over certifications
- Going deep, rather thank skimming the surface
- Continuous learning, over static expertise
In just a couple of years, we've built a thriving community of emerging leaders solving problems at Airbnb, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Amazon, Facebook, Stitch Fix, and many more. Here are just a few comments from our alums:
“I got my MBA at Berkeley, but this program has been more transformational for me than the entire two years I spent there. Thank you!”
“Reforge is easily the highest quality professional skills program out there. If I had to choose between attending an unlimited number of industry conferences, versus going only to the Reforge, I'd choose Reforge without hesitation.”
“Reforge has easily been one of the best investments of time and money I've ever made in my professional development. I love how the course codifies what I've been doing for the last four years as VP of Marketing.”
WHY THIS ROLE IS UNIQUE
Blank Canvas - You are a founding member of the design team. You will influence design culture, processes, and contributions.
Massive Impact & Visibility - Our product is just now taking shape. Your work will directly serve today’s top technology practitioners, transforming their careers.
World Class Content & Community - You will have direct access to the most sought after content in all of Silicon Valley as well as our selective community of practitioners and leaders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll report to the Head of Design and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Marketing partners to develop a product that enables our users to reach their short and long term career goals.
- You will help construct the building blocks of a scalable product design system.
- You will participate in and lead generative design workshops in order to solve complex problems.
- You will participate in customer research and testing to inform and validate your designs.
- You will analyze the impact of your designs and make decisions on how to improve them.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An Experienced Product Designer – 5+ years experience shipping digital product design with an outstanding portfolio that showcases your skills in typography, interaction, and visual design
- Design Systems Advocate – You are familiar with Design Systems and have a passion for evangelizing them.
- Highly Collaborative – You know how to build cross-disciplinary support, particularly with product, engineering, and marketing, to deliver a best-in-class experience
- Data-Driven – You proactively seek out qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve your designs
- User-Centric – You are familiar with user research methodologies, have participated in user research and/or testing, and have experience generating design prototypes for user testing purposes.
- Iterative – You understand that designs are ever-evolving and seek impact over perfection.
- Self-Directed – You use proper prioritization and communication to drive your work forward and are enthusiastic about remote work.
- A Growth Mindset – We will be tripling over the next year. Our team and processes will evolve over the next few years. Our goal is to continuously learn and improve from our work and each other.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Head of Design – You'll work closely with Erin Mongan who has led design at Darby Smart (acquired by Grove Collaborative) & Wello (acquired by Weight Watchers)
- Product & Engineering Teams - You’ll collaborate with product managers on scoping and analytics and with engineers in bringing your designs to life.
- World Class Students - Our programs are application only and selective. They attract top performers from the world's leading tech companies.
- The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you.
- Professional Development - We focus on a culture of learning. We offer full financial reimbursement for almost all professional development interests and efforts.
- Benefits - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 15 days per year, and we highly encourage more.