Samsara’s mission is to bring the benefits of sensor data to the organizations that drive our economy—from transportation and logistics to construction, food production, energy, and manufacturing—and to improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations.
Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an internal Organizational Development/Talent Management Consultant to create and implement talent programs in support of our business goals. Focus areas include succession planning; leadership, team and organization effectiveness; organizational design; change management, workforce analytics; culture and engagement; and enhancing talent programs and processes.
This role is critical in creating an organizational performance rhythm as we scale, and is a great opportunity to shape Samsara’s culture. The ideal candidate is able to exhibit a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative and communication skills both within and outside the People function. The person in this role will work with the broader People Ops team and cross functional partners to lead people-related programs, projects and initiatives across our employee lifecycle.
In this role, you will:
- Drive innovative organization & talent management strategies to meet immediate and long-term business needs as well as advance Samsara’s mission; strategies and practices must also drive our diversity, equity and inclusion goals
- Use scenario modelling to evaluate organization design options and implications (e.g. global/regional, client-segmentation, matrix)
- Guide workforce planning efforts (e.g. skill needs analysis based on business objectives) to build for the long term
- Design, iterate, and launch programs and initiatives by identifying needs and owning the program from strategy through execution
- Collaborate across the full People Ops team, other departments within the company and external partners to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Consult with leaders and the People Ops team to hone organizational competencies and values to both reflect organizational goals and support performance and development
- Conduct analysis and provide data-based insights and recommendations - shed light on the impact of our programs, how employees are experiencing them and iterate to maximize impact
- Bring subject matter expertise in organizational development and talent planning; facilitate program training as needed
Requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in human resources, business administration or a similarly relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience of managing OD and/or talent planning programs or the equivalent, within an People Ops/HR organization, 8+ years of overall experience
- Experience consulting with leaders and providing scalable solutions to address business challenges
- Experience building/leveraging competency models to support both development and performance management
- Experience with org design frameworks, workforce planning
- Experience in a growth organization where ambiguity, quick decision-making and change agility skills are an everyday occurrence
- Experience in combining strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Experience in identifying and achieving alignment around short term milestones to meet long term objectives
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking required
- Strong program management capabilities, user and solutions focused
- Experience with designing and implementing end-to-end change management plans inclusive of communications, training, sponsorship, and metrics
An ideal candidate also has:
- Advanced degree, particularly a Masters/PhD in organizational development, organizational psychology or similar field
- Tech industry experience
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.