Chief of Staff
Truework is looking for a Chief of Staff to join the team and partner with the CEO as well as executive team to ensure effective decision-making, execution, and communication strategies are deployed across the company.
About the Role:
We are looking for an aspiring business leader to join the team as our first Chief of Staff. In this high-visibility role, you will partner with the CEO and the executive team to ensure effective decision-making, execution and communication strategies are deployed across the company. As the Chief of Staff, you will enable healthy discourse and discussion amongst teams, synthesizing large amounts of information and data in order to distill them into actionable insights for the leadership team that drive operational strategy across the business. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with investors and partners as well as stand in for our CEO during meetings and speak on their behalf.
Our first Chief of Staff will leave an indelible mark on the company and its operating culture, helping set the standard for strategy formation and organization as we grow. You will be an extension of the executive team, specializing in planning and execution. You’ll have an up-to-the-minute pulse on each function of the business, able to recall specific details at a moment's notice in order to keep the team aligned on our quarterly objectives and key results. Your comprehensive knowledge of the business and its people will transform you into a trusted internal expert, able to guide and assist any member of the team. We are looking for motivated and independent thinkers who excel in fast-paced environments. We value tenacious curiosity and the drive to set and execute on ambitious business goals.
About the Company:
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online. Our identity verification platform helps HR teams improve privacy and unlock productivity by automating employment and income verifications. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
- Act as a swiss army knife, helping the CEO execute the company’s highest priorities on a given day or week while working on longer term special projects and strategic initiatives
- Serve as a thought partner to the CEO, standing in during meetings and speaking on their behalf when necessary
- Support the CEO in communicating overall business strategy and goals to each function, while helping set these goals at the beginning of every quarter
- Help the entire company work together more effectively through better process and documentation
- Use internal data and your own analytical prowess to guide metric tracking and goal setting
- Organize and coordinate cross-functional team projects, helping prioritize resources and bandwidth constantly
- Identify and resolve issues on behalf of the executive team, maintaining a pulse on each business unit and ensuring teams are constantly aligned on priorities
- Communicating with investors while helping to prepare board decks, investment decks, exectuive presentations and other high-value collateral
- 5+ years of exceptional operational experience in tech, consulting and/or finance
- Experience or exposure to organizational management best practices
- Ability to persuade high-level executives toward a plan of action using data-driven analyses with complex data sets
- A self-starter with knowledge of product organizations and people management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation abilities
- Passion for leading teams toward effective and sustainable outcomes
- Track record of success in multiple professional environments with an emphasis on project management and results
- Action-oriented with unlimited amounts of hustle
- A systematic, organized thinker with a strong yet flexible approach (“strong opinions held loosely”)
- MBA preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity options
- Employer-sponsored insurance options for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) provider
- Paid parental leave
- Truework is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.