Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. Airtable believes that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation. When groups of people are empowered by great software, they can accomplish incredible things together. But for many people, they don’t have access to perfect software: Off-the-shelf solutions aren’t customized to their unique workflows, and writing new software is expensive and time-consuming.
We’re working on a new way: Any person, no matter their technical ability, can create customized software to solve their exact, unique problems. We’re building towards a platform that everyone—from marketers to scientists to cattle ranchers to concert organizers—can use to build powerful, mission-critical software that accelerates their teams and businesses.
As we continue to publish our story, highlight the successes of our customers, and define Airtable as the cornerstone of the low-code movement, Airtable’s Brand Creative team is looking for a Web Designer to strengthen our digital presence. We’re looking for a specialist with expertise in the unique challenges of designing performant, accessible, and scalable interactive websites.
What you'll do
- Design easy-to-use, performant, and exciting web experiences serving multiple partners across marketing, brand, and design
- Understand the technical, creative, and temporal constraints of a project, making pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Contribute to and maintain our interactive design system used across our digital properties
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from ideation, to handoff, to launch
- Collaborate with the larger creative team via regular design critiques and working sessions
Who you are
- You are a specialist in website design and understand the nuances that contribute to a great interactive experience
- You have at least four years of experience as a web designer with a strong portfolio that showcases your best work
- You conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and efficiency to complex problems
- You display a sensitivity for user-system interaction
- You are up-to-date with industry-standard web technologies and how they influence your craft
- You have experience working with design systems
- You can facilitate meaningful conversations between design and development
- You have experience leading a project from start to finish
- You understand the importance of accessibility and performance and how that translates to design
- You are fluent in the guiding principles and best practices that make for effective and aesthetically pleasing visual applications
- You have previously worked with in-house design and development teams
- You can express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
- You can define and propose projects in addition to designing them
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- You have demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!