About the opportunity
We are looking to bring on an experienced accountant skilled in both the deep technicalities of GAAP and who can lead reporting as a potential public company. We were born in Germany and have continued our growth into the US (and beyond) and are looking at getting the company to be in a position to access US Capital markets should that be the right path for us. We are looking for someone to partner with to help get us there and beyond and create and lead our technical accounting and financial reporting function.
What to expect?
- Manage all items with regards external SEC financial reporting process, including drafting of all financial statements (Qs and Ks), footnotes and MD&A, earnings releases and other regulatory filings
- Own the technical accounting process and ensure that proper accounting treatment is applied for all transactions, including unusual and non-recurring transactions
- Run the US GAAP adoption project, including preparation of historical financial statements in accordance with US GAAP (currently prepared under German GAAP)
- Communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to a wide, potentially non-financial, audience
- Coach and mentor other members of the finance organization on documentation, accounting concepts, and internal controls
- Communicate financial results and updates to key stakeholders and executives within the organization.
- Prepare supporting schedules, documentation, and other information to support future annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Ensure effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process and implement process improvements where applicable
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as needed.
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of accounting experience in big 4 public accounting and publicly traded companies.
- Active CPA designation
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP; current with new technical accounting standards, particularly those impacting financial reporting.
- Ideally IPO experience
- Desire to work in a fast moving, ever changing environment. This role will be pivotal to the success of the company and hence you will need to be willing to help drive change.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we? Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.