About the opportunity
As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving new revenue opportunities, customer enablement initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Success team, you’ll nurture and grow a regional customer base on the West Coast.
What to expect?
- Position, negotiate, and close new business ($50-500K ACV) in the North American West Coast territory, while concurrently spearheading expansion opportunities with existing clients.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities. Conduct research, identify key players, and qualify inbound leads to drive new business relationships. Then sustain value-add relationships with key decision makers by becoming a trusted advisor.
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams.
- Refine and evolve our “land-and-expand” model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams.
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach.
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities.
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently.
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers.
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 6 years in a closing role
- 4+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- History running complex, multi-departmental sales initiatives within large organizations
- Experience with a “land-and-expand” sales model with a net new account focus.
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Must have experience working with a named account territory within a specific region or industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Experience with Fortune 500 companies across several industries.
- Majority of experience in a “prime” role (not an overlay organization)
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.