Job type: Internship/volunteer
We are looking for a reliable and trustworthy volunteer junior web developer to join our team. You will be assisting with website builds, implementing new design features, and ensuring that our websites' underlying structure is correct. You will be taking directions from the project and assisting with all aspects of website and application design.
To ensure success as a junior web developer, you need to possess excellent website design skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch junior web developer should be able to work well under pressure in a highly technical environment.
Junior Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front-end applications.
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web.
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems with our websites.
Junior Web Developer Requirements:
- Experience as a junior web developer.
- Experience working with coding languages and platforms such as HTML, Markdown, Github pages.
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles.
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with software prototyping and UX design tools.
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven.
What do we offer
Wherever your personal goal is to make your routine as a volunteer impactful, enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, you can choose if you want to work remotely or from our office in the Netherlands. You'll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience. They include a flexible schedule, multicultural environment with colleagues in the Netherlands, a vibrant and dynamic organizational culture, and free access to our online learning platform as you help build a safer internet.
Today, one of the most effective volunteer organizations globally actively aims to make the digital world safer by reporting vulnerabilities we find in digital systems. We have a global reach, but do it Dutch style: open, honest, collaborative, and for free. See yourself in that? So apply now!