Immuta gives you granular, dynamic control of who accesses your data and why — without copying data or writing a single line of code.
Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a specific mission to build a platform that accelerates self-service access and control of sensitive data. Immuta’s award-winning automated data governance software platform creates trust across security, legal, compliance, and business teams so they can work together to ensure timely access to critical business data with minimal risks. Our automated, scalable, no code approach makes it easy for users to access the data they need, when they need it, while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers’ privacy.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We don’t need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
As a Lead UX Developer, you will help shape and design a world-class user experience for Immuta’s entire platform. Through your efforts, Immuta will deliver a user experience that becomes a point of competitive differentiation. This UX Developer will produce elegant designs and code attractive UIs to shape Immuta’s customer experience. You’ll collaborate with researchers, designers, and developers to understand user needs, translate them into a cohesive design system, and implement that design system in Immuta’s digital products.
Your day to day will involve:
- Working with UX designers, researchers, and Product Managers to understand the challenges and needs facing our customers
- Building, implementing, and maintaining our design system to promote consistent, thoughtful implementation in all of Immuta’s digital interactions.
- Prototyping designs for stakeholder feedback and testing, using low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes as appropriate for your place in the design process
- Soliciting, accepting, and acting on the constructive critique of your designs.
- Providing thoughtful, constructive critique of the designs of your teammates.
- Leading and coaching other UX developers.
- Advising engineers across Immuta on best practices for FE development
Some things we consider important for this role:
- A passion for Universal Design. You have a passion for making experience accessible and experience working with WCAG or Section 528 standards for accessibility. You know an experience isn’t done until everyone can experience it.
- Experience implementing and enhancing design systems. You’ve worked with design systems, understand how to make one scalable, and can help us bring ours from concept to reality
- Deep Customer Empathy. You put customers first, and know your designs must do the same. You can defend design decisions with customer perspectives, and you’re ready to change them if customer feedback or data indicates we need to evolve.
- Mission-Focused. You manage your time well, prioritize your weekly workload and focus on the things that are going to move the needle.
- Flexible & Adaptable. You thrive in an iterative environment and are confident discussing concepts at any level of fidelity. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to changing priorities as new information becomes available.
- You have 5+ years working in Front End Development, UX Design, or a related role
- You possess excellent visual design and UI development skills backed up by a portfolio of work
- You have solid experience with modern design software - Sketch, inVision, Figma, etc.
- You have experience working with a design system. Bonus points if you have experience developing or maintaining one.
- Working knowledge of AngularUnderstanding of WCAG 2.0+ guidelines and requirements.
- You are a selfless team player who brings positivity and passion to your work every single day.
- You uphold Immuta’s values: mission focused, humble intellect, independent achiever, helpful and caring.
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.