Mav Farm is looking for a passionate and experienced distributed systems engineer to join a team of experts to implement a new blockchain architecture for Mav Farm, decreasing transaction time and cost for the Mav Farm ecosystem, while enabling new functionality. This role is ideal for engineers who are experts in peer-to-peer protocol development, familiar with the bitcoin blockchain, and keen to build a clean-slate system from the ground up. Our goal is the deployment of a working testnet, successfully design the Mav Farm Blockchain, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of Mav Farm's decentralized applications, and a successful launch of the Mav Farm Blockchain, measured in the transaction bandwidth of the Mav Farm network
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with a team and open source community to design and build the Mav Farm blockchain with the following design goals:
- Decreased transaction times and costs
- Programmable payment systems
- Programmable name management systems
- Hybrid on-chain/off-chain programming models
- Custom per-namespace consensus algorithms
- Protocols for enacting soft forks
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- You have worked with a founding team building a blockchain, are an expert in decentralized solutions, and are passionate about our mission of building a new decentralized internet.
- Expert knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed system design and implementation, including familiarity with state-of-the-art academic literature on the subject and practical knowledge on engineering successful peer-to-peer systems.
- Experience in the low-level implementation and protocol details of a widely-deployed public blockchain
- Strong background in security-oriented system design, with a focus on applied cryptography
- Must be able to identify and defend against plausible protocol-level and network-level attacks on the system.
- Strong programming skills and familiarity with programming languages and technologies - C++, Python 2, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solidity, Simplicity, Go, Rust
- Experience deploying Bitcoin infrastructure, like UTXO providers and block explorers
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Excellent communication