Mav Farm is looking for an experienced Product Manager to build products to make video, art, commerce, and business intelligence and collaborations, simpler, more effective, and more valuable in every step. You will work with cross-functional teams across the globe. We are looking for a PM leader who will lead our product teams and report directly into the CEO. This PM group covers areas of the entire Mav Farm product ecosystem: the Mav Farm social global marketplace, the Mav Farm Enterprise app for brands, retailers, media and music publishers, artists and cultural leaders, the .show video camera mobile and web app, the financial and payments apps, and our ML optimization & modeling.
This role is perfect fora product leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will lead creating new products in this rapidly evolving space and shaping a new network and an alternate reality. You should be excited to start off shaping the product direction, driving execution, figuring out our GTM approach, and sweating the little big details all yourself – and eventually growing a PM team as we take on more opportunities. Hundreds of millions of people, creators, and businesses are struggling in this ad-intrusive world – how can we build products that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? As a leader in a fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact in shaping the next generation of our platform and products, on the way to powering Mav Farm’s growth and monetization success.
Mav Farm is a technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California with a remote and distributed team, that designs and develops enterprise and consumer media, commerce, and financial software and services. Our employees, who have named themselves Mavericks and Farmers, are everything. Because of our ability to attract the most talented, intelligent, and creative technologists, scientists, artists, designers and business people across the world, Mav Farm naturally remains highly "unmanageable." In this unmanaged chaos, we have been delighted by the work that has been produced by these Mavericks and Farmers.
We have been lucky to recruit many creative, principled and hard working leaders and we hope to recruit many more in the future. We are a distributed collective of pioneers, a farm of mavericks, seeking both individual freedom and community. Mav Farm emphasizes creative exploration above everything else, which has helped us provide artists, creators, and businesses access to complete control over the universal distribution of their art, goods, and services.
Join us on our mission to free the universes' art!
- You will own the product vision and strategy for how the Mav Farm ecosystem becomes the essential digital replacement for the physical world of art, media, commerce and finance. You will constantly identify, evaluate, and pursue new opportunities for products no one had imagined before.
- You will focus on building an absolutely delightful user experience above all else. You’ll ship a well-crafted product and sweat the little big details.
- You will relentlessly drive the pace and quality of execution with the most senior Engineering and Design teams at Mav Farm. You will make hard tradeoffs, de-risk issues, communicate clearly, and inspire the entire company.
- You will drive go-to-market – from positioning to packaging to pricing – because as important as building great products for this emerging market will be shaping the rapidly shifting market to these new products.
- You will optimize for our pace of learning in an open-ended new space. You will drive rapid prototyping of new ideas, and constantly collect feedback from early releases to customers.
- Over time, you will lead and guide the development of a team of amazing product managers and help them do their best work.
- You will take on founder-level ownership for the success of our products – from driving usage to business impact.
- You will frequently act as an external ambassador for Mav Farm with customers, partners, and the press.
- You will help shape Mav Farm’s product strategy and development process while we grow, as part of the product leadership team.
- You have built products 0-to-1, whether at a startup or in a new area at a larger company.
- You have led consumer-grade products that millions of people have loved using.
- You have experience building high-impact products in the communication, video, and/or audio spaces.
- You have a proven, 10+ year track record of Product Management leadership in rapidly scaling organizations, including growing and managing a high-performing team of senior PMs.
- You’re a talent magnet. People want to collaborate with you and work for you. You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when you have to.
- You thrive with ambiguity. You constantly try out new creative approaches to strategy and execution.
- You communicate and write succinctly.
- You are data-minded. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact through experimentation.
- You are technically strong enough to weigh tough tradeoffs and have in-depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
- A software engineering background
- Design experience
- Experience with analytical tools -- SQL, Python, etc
- 3+ years experience of ads monetization in product management role / tech role, deep understanding of computational advertising
- Experience in e-commerce & retail industry preferred