Director of Data Science & Analytics
Reddit is hiring a Director of Data Science to lead multiple teams across Reddit’s entire business that transform, analyze, and interpret data to help drive business decisions.
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 450 million users together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
As the Director of Data Science, you will be responsible for leading multiple teams across Reddit’s entire business that transform, analyze, and interpret data, and design and interpret experiments to help drive business decisions. Your teams will work with product, engineering, research, community, advertising, and marketing teams to investigate user behavior and provide deep insights to drive action on the platform.
How You’ll Have Impact: Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and OpenAI have all trained their premier text-models using Reddit data because we have one of the single most important corpora of conversational data in the world. We are the 6th most trafficked site on the internet and as such generate an enormous volume of content and activity on a daily basis. The decisions your team drives will influence the experience of millions of users around the world.
As the Director of Data Science, you will formulate, socialize and execute on Reddit’s strategy for Data Science and Analytics, enable your teams to push our products to the next level and dictate how and when to leverage our data within the company. Through this, you will be a key individual in setting the data culture for Reddit.
Reporting into the Global Head of Data, you will partner with a multitude of stakeholders to understand Reddit’s products across all of our product lines from ads to consumer products and help formulate a vision on the role that data will play within each of them.
You will be accountable for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of analysts and data scientists to help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and implement strategies that create a strong data-informed culture at Reddit.
- Engage across the spectrum, from offering guidance to executives about metric choices and operating to helping guide front-line employees trying to drive outcomes via the many tools that Data Science has to offer.
- Set the vision and be accountable for the impact of Reddit’s data science and analytics teams.
- Guide the evolution of our data models and schemas based on changing business and engineering needs.
- Build analytics tools utilizing the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for our product and data science teams.
- Hire, develop and mentor data scientists, analysts, and data science managers.
- Improve and drive the quality of Reddit data.
- Lead initiatives that help drive better understanding of the fundamental truths about our users, our content and our platform.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience building and leading data teams.
- 8+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product.
- Strong experience in data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), data warehousing, and experimentation platforms.
- Expertise in designing and communication of dashboards and reports.
- Experience and comfort with ML tools such as Spark and TensorFlow.