The API-First Swag Platform Built for the Modern Workplace! Create, Automate, & Distribute High Quality Swag Globally 🚀
SwagUp is on the hunt for a hungry data engineer who can transform data into a useful format for analysis. On day one, you will join our team in designing and building a pipeline that will source data from our dashboard in real-time, store this data, then extract it and transform the data into meaningful results that our sales and product teams can use for analysis and strategic planning.
The ideal candidate doesn’t see themselves as just an engineer; they are also an architect who enjoys building. Data drives the decisions we make everyday at SwagUp. We are looking for an engineer that will be able to understand the data and make actionable recommendations that will set us on the path for success.
- Working with other team members to design, build, and deploy reliable data pipelines.
- Maintaining our existing data pipelines.
- Optimizing our data stores for fast efficient querying for our technology and reporting infrastructure.
- Run standardized queries to extract data from data lakes and other tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer and/or BI Developer role, ideally in an e-commerce environment
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of data warehouse principles & visualization tools
- Experience with Python/Java is preferred, but not required
- Good understanding of Salesforce
- Startup experience is preferred, but not required
- You live and breathe relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle
- You are not afraid to raise your hand, ask questions, or challenge the status quo; curiosity can have a meaningful impact
- We’re looking for someone to be part of the pack and collaborate (no lone wolves)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround
- Strong problem solving skills
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data and leverage data into meaningful insight
- Design data models for both optimal storage and retrieval
- Coordinate and collaborate with the sales and product teams to provide the strategic data needed to drive the business forward
- Goals are a target, but the objective is to exceed them while meeting deadlines
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon