Udacity, Inc. is a for-profit educational organization founded by Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, and Mike Sokolsky offering massive open online courses.
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed As a Senior Fullstack Engineer, you will be a key contributor to our user facing growth services, including supporting many of the key touch points of our students that are interested in joining the Udacity ecosystem. Growth engineering builds and iterates on the technical systems that support the user conversion funnel (user activation, exploration, discovery, conversion/payment, and retention). You will be working with a focused team to develop the infrastructure and systems that serve this user journey and create solutions that highlight Udacity's unique advantages.
- Explore new feature development and help scale the services that support the user journey through conversion
- Compose high performance code designed to scale
- Realize growth experiments and manage the entire technical lifecycle of experiments
- Research and find ways to make web and payments infrastructure more robust and scalable, both organizationally and technically
- Own and deliver on technical objectives, including authorship of engineering spec documentation and RFCs
What we value:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Deep experience with a modern web framework, such as Next.js
- A solid understanding of how websites work from the client to server, up and down the stack
- Experience designing and building out APIs (REST and/or GraphQL)
- A user-centric and empathetic mentality for building products
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.
To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.