We are seeking a seasoned Platform Architect with expertise and passion for creating & operating high-scale platforms serving millions of customers amidst a Cloud (SaaS) environment, leveraging today’s latest technologies and tools and enabling rapid, efficient, and high-quality systems @ scale. We seek a can-do, rapid-learning, inspired technology leader to blaze some trails for our lean-startup mission to help the healthcare industry.
If you are seeking an opportunity to apply your technology & leadership talents to help fix America’s largest industry challenges, then look no further. As an architect of technology acceleration, you will be immediately engaged in an opportunity to create impactful solutions that will transform the way people interact with healthcare systems. You will be making an impact that serves millions of consumers around the digital world.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for supporting engineer teams in architecting, developing and operating b.well’s next generation operating environment for the b.well platform serving millions of consumers and healthcare providers.
- You will help define, build, and operate the technology stack and roadmap that can maximize for rapid innovation, delivery speed, high-quality & secure operations, and efficiency to maximize investment ROI.
- Partner with engineering teams to build a world-class infrastructure in the cloud that is 24x7 elastic, resilient, efficient, and can rapidly grow/scale with a vibrant growing business.
- Design an architecture that supports our business driven with a services-oriented (business oriented) architecture unleashing rapid innovation and high throughput across many Agile teams all working in parallel.
- Design an architecture with clean separations & efficiency between SaaS for customers, PaaS for application engineers, and IaaS for system engineers.
- Provide Engineering mastery in operating Service-Oriented Architectures, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous (resilient) Operations.
- You will safeguard secure operations & sensitive data by following policies and training concerning your security and privacy responsibilities.
- Drive continuous enhancements to the tech stack & processes that will establish b.well as the market-leading solution for unified access to healthcare.
- Design and evolve a future-resilient cloud tech stack and engineering culture, with full leverage of Open-Source, and key technologies enabling the evolution across a multi-Cloud, multi-Tenancy SaaS environment.
- Be a leader-coach for a high-performing & inspired team, while instilling a high level of accountability, exemplary customer service, and continuous learning
- Cultivate solid collaboration amidst a vibrant global & diverse engineering team, with a growth-minded and coaching approach, while constantly connecting the engineering team’s work to the big picture.
- Lead with a high level of agility to navigate iterations and change course when needed, but also applying healthy rigor to engineering processes and best practices.
- You will work closely with the executive leadership, product & technology leaders, customers, and actively engage with engineering teams as our industry & startup strategies rapidly evolve.
- 10+ years of data architecture experience that includes architecting, designing, coding, delivering, and managing high-scale Cloud based solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in operating 24x7 high-scale SaaS platforms serving millions of customers from a AWS (first) environment, with design towards multi-cloud including Azure and Google.
- 5-7+ years of extensive SaaS in a cloud operating environment supporting CI/CD/CO for hundreds of engineers, amidst a Lean-- Startup-Agile culture driving continuous innovation & change into a 24x7 operating environment.
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins, and associated cloud technology stacks that enable engineers to focus on innovation first, with infrastructure enabling.
- Extensive Admin level experience in cloud systems security, networking, computing, database design, operations, and cost management.
- Extensive experience in Dev-Ops, CI-CD, and SRE best practices, patterns, and operations @ scale.
- Leadership experience in balancing Business Value Delivery & Operations quality, while enabling Agile delivery, Team collaboration, and Iterative learning continuously w/ data leading the way.
- Deep understanding of high-scale database architectures, technologies from SQL to NoSQL, and associated tradeoffs (CAP), including mySQL, Aurora, Redis, Mongo, ElasticCache, ElasticSearch, S3, and more.
- Solid mastery of security & data governance as related to privacy, security, data sharing, recovery, retention, auditing, and real-time proactive automation solutions
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, with a win-win humble mindset
- Ability to clearly articulate the workflow and process by which the business users can obtain the required data for insights/reporting from the data models. Bias for simplicity & crisp communications.
Great To Have:
- Startup and Enterprise experience
- Good understanding of healthcare domain
- Mastery of Engineering best practices w/ a bias to Engineering - Excellence in creating high-scale architectures, with high-quality resilient systems & code.
- Formal Cloud training to reinforce proven experiences such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Certified Architecture programs. Proven passion and reputation to leverage, and actively contribute to evolving industry standards, architectures, best practices, and open source.
- Abreast with trends of around healthcare data, emerging technologies, privacy and security frameworks
- Passion for technology commons, open source, and blogging to share your mastery.
- Front-End: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap Framework, AngularJS/React, NodeJS, GraphQL
- Mobile: iOS, Android, React Native, Ionic
- Back-End: Django/Python, Flask, RabbitMQ, Celery, Memcache, Spring/Java
- Languages: Python, Scala, Java, JS, and more
- Database: MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, ElasticSearchDB, DocumentDB, Redis
- DevOps: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GitHub, Splunk, DataDog, etc
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms and associated technologies (Kubernetes, etc).
- APIs: JS, REST, JSON, GQL, and prevalent SDK tools such as Swagger, Gateways, etc.
How to Apply To apply, email email@example.com with your resume,, and why you’d love to help us change the face of healthcare. Please use the subject line: Principal Engineer / Platform Architect - Cloud Infrastructure & System Operations