Head of Finance & Analytics
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective is the first online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion, and not their paperwork. We handle company formation, taxes, accounting and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and more.
As a Head of Finance, you will partner with our CEO and functional leads to model our business and develop an internal analytics platform to help drive our business forward. This includes understanding revenue generators and cost centers at the unit level. This also includes collaborating cross-functionally with marketing, operations, product, and other groups to understand how expenses will drive margins and owning P&L down to the contribution profit level. This role requires a high level of financial analysis, strategic orientation, collaboration, attention to detail, prompt and clear communication skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and an orientation toward execution. This role requires a strong understanding of (1) the drivers of the business, (2) understanding of unit economics for each of the businesses, (3) different types of earnings associated with the businesses.
You are a mission-driven, self-starter who is looking to help define and drive culture. You will help lead this team to achieve great results while living our values. You are a highly efficient reliable problem-solver who is comfortable navigating new, ambiguous, and/or time-sensitive situations and exercises discretion related to confidential materials and company information.
- 7+ years of relevant experience working with cross-functional teams and a successful track record in a high growth, start-up, environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- FP&A, Investment banking, or Accounting background
- Familiarity with financial services, consumer business, or start-ups
- Understands finance at a holistic level and how each team/initiative impacts the whole
- Consistently focused on outcomes for the best of Collective and our community
- Hands-on operational capabilities with advanced proficiency in Google suite, MS Office applications, etc.
- Excellent relationship builder, with superior influencing skills
- Strong communicator, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience with business intelligence systems (lookr, metabase, periscope, etc) and analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL/R and other tools is a plus
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude
- Have exceptional problem solving, and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize large data and effectively communicate findings
- Methodical, self-starter, hands-on, results-driven
- Strong analytical, organizational & administrative skills
- Desire to grow as a leader and manager over time
What we bring:
- A diverse and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings