Collective is the first online back-office platform designed for self-employed people. We handle company formation, taxes, accounting, bookkeeping, compliance and more.
New Business Advisor
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective is an online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion and not their paperwork. Collective handles company formation, taxes, accounting, and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa, and others.
Our ideal team member is a licensed and experienced tax accounting professional, comfortable with finding new prospective members, building rapport and consulting over phone or video conference, and conveying the Collective value proposition, and closing the deal.
This role is remote, but Collective is a San Francisco based company. There will be opportunities to travel to San Francisco for team events, company offsites, and professional development, once the pandemic is over.
- Conduct phone and video interviews with prospective members to determine qualification and to initiate an exceptional relationship-building experience, and secure the prospect’s commitment to join.
- Provide value and guidance to prospective members based on their unique business attributes and personal financial needs
- Manage a pipeline of pre-qualified leads through value-based, diligent follow-up
- Own the journey for new members from discovery to onboarding
- Manage initial onboarding of new members and support Tax and Accounting teams through detail-oriented data and document gathering
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Member Services in cross-functional projects
- Ambitiously develop outbound prospecting and networking strategies, and execute
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports to explain business results (conversion, feedback, lead source, etc.)
What we need you to bring:
- Experience in Tax Accounting
- Experience in Client Acquisition and Business Development
- Industry Credential (Enrolled Agent, CPA, Attorney)
- People-first attitude, willing to help members and teammates alike
- An understanding of the ins & outs of being a small business owner
- Modern Sales Skills – you pair people with the solutions they need to improve their lives
- Exceptional Communication Skills – via phone, email, and video conference
Bonus points with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- General knowledge of GSuite, Quickbooks, Gusto, Zoom, VOIP, or similar applications
- Familiarity with sales enablement tools such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, MixMax, or similar
- Proven ability to launch successful cold outreach or other prospecting campaigns
What we offer in return:
- Competitive, experience/skill-based salary, commission, and stock options package
- A diverse and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Constant professional development opportunities
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings
- Joining the Collective team isn’t just taking a job, it’s working with a fun and entrepreneurial group to bring about the freelancer revolution! 36% of the workforce are businesses-of-one, let’s change the future of work, together!