Contentful gives you an API-first, cloud-based platform to power your sites and apps, allowing you to create first-class user experiences. Stop burying your content in a CMS, empower it with a content infrastructure.
About the opportunity
At Contentful we are building a Marketing Growth team for rapid product experiments. We are looking for Data Engineers to power the data and event pipelines that ensure the team can make data driven decisions on the experiments and drive actions across our insight and decisioning tools.
You will help design and implement tracking and data pipelines and contribute to designing and building strong data models that enable rapid and reliable decision making. You will work closely with Data Analysts, Product Managers, Engineers and Marketers to ensure the needs and priorities are understood.
This role will be focused on the data engineering required to drive our Growth Team experiments including integrating with CRM systems, powering analysis and segmentation, and delivering the information required for reporting and self-serve discovery.
Ideally, you have already worked on delivering marketing data pipelines in a B2B SaaS business and you’re looking for a challenge in a company that puts data-driven decisions at the center of its product and business.
What to expect?
- Develop and maintain Data Pipeline Applications (data collectors that live within or outside the Contentful core infrastructure) with a special focus on events and data requirements for rapid product experimentation
- You will understand the value of tested, reliable information and the importance of a shared source of truth. You will extend and model and update our data model to ensure we support Contentful’s needs
- Integrate with CRM systems to power experimentation and segmentation of messaging
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure
- Maintain and evolve data services to enrich data model and serve analytics and generation of insights using tools such as Airflow and DBT
- Bridging gap between the Marketing Strategies and data pipeline logic to implement scalable solutions while troubleshooting data discrepancies
What you need to be successful?
- You have strong SQL modeling and optimization knowledge for different analytics and decisioning workloads and scenarios
- Experience with data processing pipelines and design in batch and near real time and of integrating with CRM systems such as Salesforce, Marketo and Intercom
- You can build applications to help and support data collection in a microservice architecture
- Specific experience with AWS Redshift, Segment, DBT and Airflow is a strong advantage
. What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.