Specialist Identity and Access Management (IAM)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Specialist in Identity and Access Management (IAM). As an Identity and Access Management (IAM) specialist, you advise, implement, and manage solutions and security improvements to protect the information and assets that support our operational units, projects, and central staff departments of DIVD.
Specialist Identity and Access Management (IAM) Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve identity and access management capabilities from concept to delivery, defining and following discrete procedures and protocols to ensure integrity and compliance.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing security measures.
- Performance monitoring to determine if adjustments are needed.
- Consult with users about solving existing problems.
- Answer questions from other volunteers.
- Configure and test hardware and software.
- You take care of the support and planning of activities.
- If necessary, you will develop new procedures to improve the quality.
- The concepts behind security-by-design and privacy-by-design are essential to you, and you implement them in every project.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Help and guide new employees and interns.
- You keep track of the status of all activities via ticket systems and planning and support tools.
- You will do this by phone, chat, email, remote support, and video conferencing.
Specialist Identity and Access Management (IAM) Requirements:
- We believe that motivation is more important than knowledge and skills
- You know your way around RHEL, Rocky, and Alma. But you’re not afraid to touch Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, or even FreeBSD-based systems.
- A basic understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Affinity with processes such as ITIL is preferred. The focus is on preventing and solving incidents and on structured changes
- Keeping good records is a MUST!
Nice to have:
- A bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus is a plus
- At least three years of experience
- Experience with SAML
- Knowledge of enterprise-level directories like LDAP, Active Directory
- Knowledge of enterprise-level single sign-on and multi-factor authentication solutions.
- Ability to test and debug units, modules, programs, and applications.
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of Docker Containerization and Virtualisation is a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Experience with deployment, monitoring, and the configuration of environments
- Some experience working within cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
As you can read, this position is very diverse and offers you various opportunities to grow your technical expertise. Due to the diversity of the group of people we support at the DIVD academy, you have a lot of varied work, so we expect you to switch easily.
- Affinity with security;
- Customer-oriented thinking
- Result and solution-oriented working
We believe that you develop best when you are doing something you enjoy and at which you are good. Depending on your knowledge and interests, we will work with you to see how we can help you further in the direction in which you would like to develop and specialize within the DIVD.academy.
What do we offer
Wherever your personal goal is to make your routine as a volunteer impactful, enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, you can choose if you want to work remotely or from our office in the Netherlands. You'll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience. They include a flexible schedule, a multicultural environment with colleagues in the Netherlands, a vibrant and dynamic organizational culture, and free access to our online learning platform as you help build a safer internet.
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter.