A new type of talent agency focused on you.
Free Agency is a talent startup modernizing how people find & succeed at work. We provide concierge services and digital products to knowledge workers, mirroring Hollywood-style talent representation and management. Unlike other solutions in recruiting, we’re entirely paid by and motivated by the individual candidates we work with, enabling us to focus on their career outcomes. Their success is our success.
We’ve started with the tech industry: through our platform, mid to C-level folks in product, engineering, design, marketing, and ops are doing incredible work at companies like Square, Drift, Roblox, Reddit, Netflix, Amazon, SpaceX, Notion, Peloton, and hundreds more. We’re backed by top-tier venture capital firms like Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Ludlow Ventures.
About the job:
We’re looking for an ambitious Community Manager to lead strategy and execution for Free Agency’s engagement with our active clients, alumni network, partners, and outside prospects. You’ll drive initiatives that aim to connect, teach, and foster engagement through a variety of formats, including online workshops, in-person events, fireside chats, podcasts, newsletters, Slack, and peer-based programming. Our standards for quality are high -- our clients (Free Agents) are busy professionals, and we want them to know that they can reliably opt in to any of our programming and expect to receive tremendous value every time.
This is an incredible opportunity for those who want to be super-connectors within tech, as you’ll reach out to and meet emerging leaders from throughout the ecosystem. Our third party network of supporters and advocates include venture capitalists, social influencers, and technologists working at top startups. You’ll be connecting the people, companies, and concepts that help talent accelerate their careers.
- Drive community strategy and engagement, fostering Free Agent peer connections, workshops & learning, and career development
- Engage and nurture interest from outside prospects considering membership with Free Agency, including potential partners and collaborators.
- Ideate and host a variety of events, both virtual and in-person, including panels, fireside chats, asynchronous podcasts & interviews, and social/peer-based programming.
- Source, screen, and coordinate with top-notch third party contributors who have something valuable to say to our community, whether they’re tech influencers, subject matter experts, coaches, or internal staff.
- Manage company communications to our broader community, including announcements across Slack, social media, and email.
- Contribute to our Content arm, including written contribution to our blog and newsletters.
- Have strong familiarity with tech companies, startups, and the industry’s zeitgeist to help you tap into the trends and topics on the community’s mind.
- Be comfortable as a host and facilitator, helping drive events, talking through dull moments, or coming up with questions to ask for panels & interviews.
- Possess extremely strong written communication skills, as much of community engagement will come via Slack and email.
You may want to know:
- We are currently working from home. However, this will be a full-time, on-site role in New York City once it is safe. This is non-negotiable.
Internally, you will:
- Work closely with the co-founder & CEO, as well as our Talent Success, Operations, & Content teams to align on voice, brand, and services.
- Free Agency offers competitive pay, including equity, in addition to full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as unlimited PTO (2-week min.).
- We invest in all careers, not just those of our clients. Free Agency offers all employees a significant professional development budget to develop their skills and grow as leaders.
- Core to our mission is expanding diversity & inclusion within tech. Similarly, we encourage candidates from underrepresented + nontraditional backgrounds to apply.