We make the concierge corporate gifting process just one-click away with AI.
Giftpack Inc. 👉🏻 About Giftpack ( https://giftpack.ai/about ) giftpack.ai | giftpack.io
Hiring Data Engineer
At Giftpack, you'll have purpose, make a difference, and have a family. And at a company that has achieved huge growth over the last year, you'll be comfortable, happy, challenged, and irreplaceable for sure.
Your Dream Job is Calling.
You've typed thousands of lines of code.
You code on the side just for fun because you love it so much.
You've spent countless sleepless nights honing your skills.
You write SOLID code.
You're a computer genius.
And You're Ready to work on a project that challenges you.
Your day at Giftpack
- 🍣 There is a standup meeting at the beginning of each day.
- 🍣 You update on what you have accomplished the previous day.
- 🍣 You set your goals for today and estimate when will be completed.
- 🍣 You’ll spend your day planning business cooperation, get partners on board, and achieve growth/sales goals for the team.
- 🍣 You can discuss product issues, ask engineers for great business developing tools with all your colleagues.
- ⛩ Python / R / Scala / Julia ( pick one )
- ⛩ Operation System Knowledge / Linux
- ⛩ ETL-Pipeline
- ⛩ Tensflow / Pytorch / Keras / FastAI ( pick one )
- ⛩ Recommendation System
- ⛩ Data Mining
- ⛩ Information Retrieval
- ⛩ Machine Learning
- ⛩ Statistics Analysis
- ⛩ Web Scraping
- ⛩ Data storing/processing/searching tools, Hadoop / HBase / Hive / Spark / Elasticsearch / Goole BigQuery ( pick one )
- ⛩ Agile Delivery
- ⛩ Version Control / Git
- ⛩ API Blueprint
- ⛩ Amazon Web Service ( Basic )
- 🌟 Proof of English & Korean ability.
- 🌟 Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 🌟 Success working on high-performance teams.
- 🌟 Delivered solutions in large-scale enterprise environments.
- 🌟 Prior consulting or professional services experience.
- 🌟 Motivated to continually improve your craft, sharing and learning every day.
- 🌟 Exceptional integrity with the desire to create the best possible customer needs and Giftpack’s vision.
- 🌟 Experience with web-based and data-driven applications.
We want smart engineers! If you're the type of guy or girl who likes to read about programming, code and build things on the weekends, and stay up to date on all things computers/tech/development/engineering then this job is for you.
We also Require
In the global startup company like us, we need you to have so much passion for the things that we are building. We love professional tech people but we need more agreements on our vision to push the company forward. If you've ever worked with a team of top-notch engineers you know how good it feels. There is comradery, everyone jokes around, it's awesome. We've found that to make sure we are bringing in the right guys for our team, it's best if we ask all applicants to take a short test. We will send this to you after we get your application. The best candidates find this test enjoyable. They also appreciate the vetting process. If we didn't do this we'd risk sending our guys into battle with noobs, (which is bad enough in Call of Duty and worse in real life).
Do I Need a Degree?
Some companies say you need "5+ years of experience" or whatever... we're not like that. The founder and CEO of Giftpack is a self-taught programmer, designer, and businessman. We will hire any developer who can perform at the level required to be successful here. We're looking for the best of the best. Sometimes those individuals are self-taught, sometimes they aren't. If you do have a degree, please put it on your resume.
About Your Resume
- ✅ Links to any open source projects you've worked on.
- ✅ Stack Overflow/Github username if you have one.
- ✅ Any other information you think is valuable.
This is a Job
The reason why we are able to offer great benefits and relaxed culture is that the people we have got their stuff done. We work hard here. Your team will expect a lot out of you and they expect a lot out of themselves. This job is for the "work hard, play hard", type of people, not the "I'm lazy and still want cool benefits" type. You'll have a lot to get done, always. If you are the type who will try to exploit our freedoms and benefits then you won't last long here, so don't apply. If you like to work hard, have fun, grow, get better, and enjoy your time with a good team then this is the place for you.
- ✅ Be able to become a full-time employee after 6 months based on your achievement ( with stock shares ).
- ✅ Remote flexible work schedule.
- ✅ Great team with great diversity.
- ✅ Awesome work environment plus remote.
- ✅ New, clean, awesome office ( We have co-working space in different cities ).
- ✅ Flat, flexible and understanding leadership.
- ✅ Your mom will be proud of you.
The salary you are going to get depends on your position and our current financial status. Uncertainty is how we embrace the world.
Here are some articles we wrote to convey the work life at Giftpack. Feel free to take a look before submitting your application.
Giftern 2020: Pros and Cons of the #WFH Trendhttps://medium.com/giftpack/giftern-2020-pros-and-cons-of-the-wfh-trend-3133e8a4cc13
Giftern 2020 : What Are the Responsibilities of a Digital Marketer?https://medium.com/giftpack/giftern-2020-what-are-the-responsibilities-of-a-digital-marketer-a396514cd83e
Giftpack Digital Marketing Internship 2020 Summer — Giftern Interview Journeyhttps://medium.com/giftpack/giftpack-digital-marketing-2020-summer-giftern-interview-journey-c03374efb80b
Giftpack HR — The Culture and Framework of Remote Workinghttps://medium.com/giftpack/giftpack-hr-the-culture-and-framework-of-remote-working-61701d58419
Giftpack HR — Gifternshttps://medium.com/giftpack/giftpack-hr-giftern-dcf9c228c3c8