Sergio Fernandez de Cordova's work experience includes serving as the Executive Chairman of the PVBLIC Foundation, a foundation that uses media, data, and technology for global impact. Sergio has been involved in building strategic partnerships, driving change, and working with over 30 governments. Sergio is also the Chairman of P3 Smart City Partners, where they advise governments on policy frameworks, public-private partnerships, and thought leadership. Additionally, they serve as a Director on the Board of Directors for the Australian American Leadership Dialogue, where they help refine the Australian-American bilateral relationship. Sergio is the Permanent Observer to the United Nations for the Organismo Internacional de Juventud para Iberoamérica (OIJ), an international youth organization. Sergio has also co-created the SDG Media Zone, a platform that highlights actions and solutions in support of the Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, they are a Board Member for the Friends of the National Museum of the American Latino, an initiative dedicated to creating the Smithsonian National American Latino Museum. Sergio has been an expert and member of the Business Advisory Board for the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, focusing on public-private partnerships for smart cities. Sergio is an investor, co-founder, and director of KAPTYN, an innovative transportation platform. Sergio serves on the Big Data Advisory Board for Rutgers University and is the co-founder and executive vice-chair of the Blockchain Commission for Sustainable Development. Overall, they have a diverse background in government advisory, leadership, innovation, and creating global partnerships for sustainable development.
Sergio Fernandez de Cordova's education history is as follows:
Between 2006 and 2008, Sergio attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where they pursued a degree in "Building the Organization." Sergio'sfield of study was MIT/Inc./YEO "The Birthing of Giants."
In 1993, Sergio began their undergraduate studies at Rutgers University and completed them in 1999. Sergio obtained a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with a major in Sociology.
In 2020, Sergio enrolled in the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) for two separate programs. The first program was an Executive Diploma in International Law in the 21st Century, focusing on International Law and Legal Studies. The second program was United Nations Diplomacy 4.0 - Beyond the Digital Frontier, which centered around Multilateral Diplomacy.
In addition to their formal education, Sergio has obtained several certifications, as follows:
1. "Become a Data Scientist" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
2. "Data Science Foundations: Data Mining" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
3. "Data Science Foundations: Fundamentals" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
4. "Data Visualization: Storytelling" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
5. "Excel 2016: Managing and Analyzing Data" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
6. "Learning Data Governance" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
7. "Statistics Foundations: 1" from LinkedIn, obtained in November 2020.
8. "Bracketology Club: Using March Madness to Learn Data Science" from LinkedIn, obtained in October 2020.
9. "CISSP Cert Prep: 4 Communication and Network Security" from LinkedIn, obtained in October 2020.
10. "Data Science & Analytics Career Paths & Certifications: First Steps" from LinkedIn, obtained in October 2020.
View in org chart
View in org chart
January, 2016 - present