Role: Full Stack Developer
Location: Charleston, SC (Hybrid)
We are the people platform for the events and entertainment industry. LASSO offers workforce management software that unifies event staff management tasks into one easy workflow via scheduling, communication, onboarding, time tracking, payroll, travel, and talent sourcing. With LASSO, both event companies and crew can reimagine the effectiveness and efficiency of all the details that go into putting on a great event.
LASSO was named one of the nation’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022! Inc. magazine ranked LASSO No. 1155 overall and 146 in software on its Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for 2022.
About the Role:
As a Full Stack Developer, you are a key player in helping LASSO reach its goals while you develop an impressive track record for working in a growing, high performing company. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will have exposure and input into product strategy and technology decisions.
Do you have a passion for developing groundbreaking web applications? Are you a self-starter that excels in small, agile team environments? Do you care about quality and the end-user experience? Are you looking to join a product development team that is looking to change how a whole industry operates? Do you like to iterate and validate your work by delivering value rapidly? Are you ready to learn and grow your career?
LASSO is growing our product development team and has positions available. Our strengths are in our relationships among the team, tight coordination with the company, and our friendly work environment. If you enjoy working in a fast-growing company where your contributions make a significant difference to the lives of both our customers and their contingent, mobile crew, then this position is for you.
Your short-term objectives include:
- Learn the technology stack (Python, Vue, MySQL, AWS), the product life cycle, and the live event and entertainment industry within 30 days.
- Work with other engineers to evaluate and refine key components for the LASSO Marketplace to help the organization scale over the next 90 days.
- Drive adoption of the LASSO Marketplace in 2021.
- Mentor other team members and perform code reviews for the team.
Your long-term objectives include:
- Evaluate and improve the performance and scalability of key components of the application.
- Research and provide analysis on new technologies to implement new features, improve existing features, and create new products on our roadmap.
- Own key areas of the product and lead others in the development.
- Improve software development practices and coding standards.
Your qualifications include:
- Degree in computer science or comparable work experience in software development.
- Strong application design/architecture experience.
- Knowledge of SQL, web services, and object-oriented development concepts.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of several key product architecture elements; able to apply these elements in implementing product functionality.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts to build superior software products.
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits start on day 1
- 401K match (25% up to 6%)
- Unlimited PTO, within reason
- Flexible work hours & hybrid work environment
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance, STD, LTD
- Up to $1,500 Educational Assistance per calendar year
Come join us and apply now!
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We're looking for all kinds of people. LASSO values diversity and is an EEO employer. LASSO considers all job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants in our hiring process.