Lingokids is a well-funded, fast-growing edtech startup changing the face of early childhood language education. We’ve taught over two million kids in 170 countries since our launch last year.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of a team that is responsible for improving business efficiency and unlocking valuable and predictive insights that influence business decisions and spur a competitive advantage.
We currently have openings for Data Analysts in several squads: Product, Content, Growth, Brand, etc. Each position shares the description shown here plus some particular elements depending on the squad. We will try to place you in the track that best suits you but if you are interested in working in a particular problem space, please do let us know in the application process.
This is a fundamental role to us because, in order to continue scaling and offer the best service to the families that trust us, we need an autonomous fast-paced analytical individual who has a passion for going deep into data and for understanding (our growth opportunities and our users' behavior) how kids and parents use our service.
You will make your own cycle of data extraction, data analysis, generating insights, data visualization, making recommendations and communicating them to the team. At Lingokids Data Analysts work both reactively and proactively. On one hand, requests for analyses for specific features, situations or experiments in the form of dashboards or notebooks will come your way from key stakeholders (PMs, EMs, business counterparts, etc.) On the other hand, you will also proactively do your own analytical work, investigating where you think there is opportunity and value to be added. You are expected to contribute to the direction of the product and the company as a whole.
You will also work on:
- Generate relevant and clear insights from data. Identify and clearly articulate recommendations drawn from data analyses. The mother of all responsibilities for Data Analysts, you will transform raw data into actionable insights through analysis.
- Design and analyze experiments to statistically measure the impact features development.
- Communicate your insights to technical and non-technical audiences and being able to guide non-technical stakeholders to transform their ideas/needs into the appropriate deliverables. You need excellent communication and people skills.
- Actively support Data Science with in-depth analyses previous to modeling, in order to understand better our data.
- Make clear, attainable, and consistent definitions for all things data: metrics, data schemas, KPIs, etc. You will make sure we are able to understand each other.
- Help setting achievable targets based on historical data and tendencies. Our planning is lightweight like other scale-ups but we do plan and for that we need concrete and reasonable goals.
- Implement statistical modelling (anova, regression models, factor analysis, PCA, clustering etc.) to find relationship between variables or impact analysis to understand root causes of changes in the data/user pattern.
Which tools will you use?
Those that get the job done, period. We use a fairly common tech stack:
- Amplitude and Looker for Data Analytics (your bread and butter)
- AWS Redshift for our data warehousing, dbt for ELTing and SQL for querying the data (your SQL needs to be very crisp and clean)
- python/R for deep dive analyses. Not mandatory but analyses sometimes require data wrangling that goes beyond SQL
- Notion for documentation and GitHub for version control
- You should be familiar with most of those tools. However we are always open to adapt our ways to get the job done. The best idea/approach wins.
Are you our Data Analyst?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone with at least 3 years of experience in data analysis, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are looking for someone curious and enthusiastic about learning new methods to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.