Mav Farm is a technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California, that designs and develops enterprise and consumer media, commerce, and financial software and services. The company's software products include: the Mav Farm social global marketplace, the Mav Farm Enterprise app for brands, retailers, media and music publishers, artists and cultural leaders, and the .show video camera app. Our employees, who have named themselves Mavericks and Farmers, are everything. Because of our ability to attract the most talented, intelligent, and creative technologists, scientists, artists, designers and business people across the world, Mav Farm naturally remains highly "unmanageable." In this unmanaged chaos, we have been delighted by the work that has been produced by these Mavericks and Farmers. We have been lucky to recruit many creative, principled and hard working leaders and we hope to recruit many more in the future. We are a distributed collective of pioneers, a farm of mavericks, seeking both individual freedom and community. Mav Farm emphasizes creative exploration above everything else, which has helped us provide artists, creators, and businesses access to complete control over the universal distribution of their art, goods, and services.
Mav Farm is transforming how we share video and products across the web. We’re looking for full-stack developers with Three.js/WebGL experience to architect and deliver our designs. You’ll work closely with the Web team to develop an interactive globe. Our web-first approach will require experience developing web-based applications in React.
- Architect and build the prototype for our interactive globe vision
- Develop a WebGL/Three.js globe user-interface designed to access
- Improve our rendering engine in terms of performance, stability, and software architecture
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques and evaluate disruptive technologies for web-based 3D rendering engines
- Design our 3D rendering engine, including evaluating the use of next gen technologies like WebGPU or game engines
- 6+ years of software development experience in the field of real-time rendering
- A remote or LA-based developer with excellent English speaking skills
- An expert in Three.js/WebGL, 3D development
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- 3+ years developing applications with MapBox
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining RESTful API’s in Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with ESRI ArcGIS v10.2.1 or v10.6.1 Server and Desktop
- 1+ year with C++, ArcObjects API, ArcFMSolutions API, Oracle SQL, .NET, Java, and Python
- 1+ year of experience with React.js with React-Three-Fiber
- This is a project-based contract role. If you're interested in applying, please share your résumé/CV along with any past portfolio work you can share.