Jun Lee has a diverse work experience spanning various roles and industries. Currently, they hold the position of Associate Director, Clinical Science at Prothena Corporation plc since 2022. Prior to this, they worked as an Associate Director, Clinical Sciences at Taysha Gene Therapies from 2021 to 2022. From 2018 to 2021, Jun Lee served as a Senior Manager, Clinical Sciences at Astellas Gene Therapies and also worked as a Manager, Clinical Sciences during 2018 to 2019. They were responsible for various tasks such as reviewing study results, contributing to scientific publications, and managing clinical trials.
Before joining Astellas Gene Therapies, Jun Lee worked as a Research Compliance Analyst at the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center from 2017 to 2018. They established and managed the Cancer Center Research Compliance unit, ensuring compliance with registration and reporting requirements for clinical trials.
From 2016 to 2017, Jun Lee served as a Laboratory Project Manager / Research Associate at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Their responsibilities included managing lab operations and coordinating with regulatory sectors.
Prior to that, they worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at UCSD, Komiyama-Lab from 2011 to 2016, where they focused on neurobiology and behavior, utilizing techniques such as in vivo calcium imaging.
Jun Lee began their career as a PhD student at the Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research from 2005 to 2011. They also worked as a Diploma Student at Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz from 2004 to 2005.
Before embarking on a career in research, Jun Lee worked as a Freelance Journalist at H&A medien GmbH from 1999 to 2003.
Jun Lee's education history includes:
- From 1999 to 2005, Jun Lee attended Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and earned a degree in Biology.
- From 2005 to 2011, Jun Lee pursued a PhD in Neurobiology and Neurosciences at both Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research and University of Basel.
- From 2011 to 2015, Jun Lee worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at UC San Diego, specializing in Neurobiology and Neurosciences.
- In 2014 to 2015, Jun Lee obtained a Certificate in Biotechnology Project Management from UCSD Extension.
- In 2015, Jun Lee earned a Certificate in Regulatory Affairs: Pharmaceuticals from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society.
View in org chart
View in org chart
June, 2022 - present