Purple exists to meaningfully improve lives through true innovation that evolves comfort from end to end. Our colorful company culture, award-winning marketing, unique (and extremely comfortable) technology, and incredible team make for a workplace you’ll be proud to be a part of. Purple is recognized as one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the comfort industry. We’re looking for amazing, motivated people who will help us improve lives and invent a better way for Purple. Come along for the ride!
Position Summary As a Design Manager leading Promotions at Purple you’ll be joining us during an exciting time of reimagining our brand experience—how we evolve our look and feel to a reflect our incredible growth and future opportunities. You will collaborate across the entire creative team and partner with marketers and leadership to define and grow our brand vision online through Promotions and Direct Response Advertising. In this role, you will also work cross-functionally to bring our visual brand identity to life through constant collaboration, iteration, and validation.
We value patient and friendly individuals who are smart, kind, and brave; curious people with a natural ability to learn quickly and those who can develop a distinct POV within a noisy, competitive category. Our team members value strong working relationships over process, putting effective and respectful collaboration first. We look for proactive designers who can take and give direction, who lead by example, and who enjoy the strategy and driving business results as much as y’know the pixels.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRED. Please include a link to your online portfolio with your resume or a LinkedIn profile with samples uploaded is also acceptable.
- Ideate, concept, and lead the creation of incredibly polished work
- Partner with the Acquisitions and Promotions teams to ideate and plan campaigns that drive purchase
- Leverage and lead external teams while building a high performing internal team to deliver creative that brings our brand story to life in compelling ways leading to consumer engagement and purchase
- Follow and maintain brand identity standards, typography, photography, color etc., evolving when necessary
- Work closely with partners to ensure that deliverables are accomplishing internal and external partner’s creative needs
- Work closely with the Creative Director to align digital creative strategy to brand, promotional, and product efforts
- Manage and mentor designers and copywriters while actively working on your own projects
- Directly impact our culture—we are a growing team with much to learn
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a positive, unflappable attitude
- A strong portfolio that reflects an exceptional foundation of design and advertising principles, as well as awareness of current trends and how they translate to paid media and promotional advertising
- 7+ years of multidisciplinary design and advertising experience
- High standards for craft
- Experience managing external creative partners
- Understanding of key metrics that drive engagement
- Strategic thinking and the confidence to question approaches and processes in order to better serve the team and brand
- A love for fast-paced environments where ambiguity is part of the norm
- Expertise with the latest design software, including Figma and Adobe CC
- Experience mentoring/managing designers
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.