BlockWorks Group (BWG) is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our network of twenty podcasts and our industry leading conferences.
We support our community of investors with insights, access to the brightest minds in the digital asset space, and a powerful network for them to engage with.
We’re coming off a record year in 2020, recently doubled the size our team, and are launching our biggest project yet in January.
As our Social Media Manager, you will be part of our growth team and will be directly responsible for growing our presence across Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
This role is freelance to start, but it will have the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
We are based in New York but this role is remote friendly.
You will work closely with the marketing and growth team to build and execute Blockworks social strategy.
In your role, you will:
- Lead our social media content creation strategy and operations
- Coordinate with our network of influencers and podcasters to grow our brand
- Create memes and GIFs that appeal to our target investor audience
- Work with other members of the growth team to create engaging content
- Execute on every above to grow our social channels (with a focus on Twitter and LinkedIn)
Skills and Competencies
- We are looking for someone with a strong ability to create engaging content across every social media platform
- Deep understanding of major platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook, and working knowledge of other large or emerging platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, and Quora
- You should be comfortable designing your own graphics and making your own memes and GIFs
- We value people who bring intelligence, wit, and curiosity to our team Understanding of the crypto and/or financial markets is desired, but not mandatory
What We Need From You
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role