Gartner provides fact-based consulting services, helping clients use and manage IT to enhance business performance.
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
ABOUT GARTNER CONSULTING
Gartner Consulting is a leading independent IT and business consultancy, helping clients define key strategies, manage major technology initiatives, optimize business processes and operations though IT and telecommunications and achieve higher returns on their related investments. Using Gartner methodologies, benchmarks and the full power of Gartner Research, we help clients to measure performance, optimize and create quantifiable business value independently from implementation interests. Gartner provides management consulting services to executive and senior level management on how to better leverage IT, and innovate.
Gartner is enjoying double-digit growth across all sectors, and seeking an ambitious and driven Consulting Director to take a key role in the development of our Consulting practice in state and local government for North America, based out of our west region. The successful candidate will assist with long term business planning, contracting strategies at agency and opportunity levels, negotiation of new and existing contracts, new agency level and enterprise level contract vehicles, support capture management function as liaison to legal and risk, serve as procurement subject matter expert, and offer advice and consultation to Gartner business leaders in their business pursuits. Key areas of required expertise include:
- Strategic planning
- Acquisition / procurement planning
- Capture and pursuit management
- State and local government procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Cooperative purchasing vehicles
- Public sector acquisition and sourcing trends
- Vehicle marketing
- Contracts administration and best practices
- Vendor management and best practices
- A “No Limits” mindset
- An ability to collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders to include Managing Partners, Contracting Officers, Client Sponsors, Contracts Administrators, legal counsel, etc.
- A consistent track record for leading people and building teams that are high-performing.
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of a team, and willingness to be accountable for the team’s success. Essential to provide constructive corrective action when/if needed
- Dedication of significant time coaching and mentoring others, building the next generation of leaders within Gartner
- An ability to communicate persuasively to diverse audiences and adapt messaging as needed – from CxOs, Contracting Officers, staff-level clients, and internally within Gartner to junior consultants as well as to top consulting leaders
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems.
- Building trusted advisor relationships through not just exceptional delivery, but also through demonstrating a willingness to “go the extra mile” for a client and commit to their success
- An ability to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously.
- Comfort with operating in a dynamic environment where making adjustments mid-stream are essential
- 15+ years total experience
- Strong understanding of the state and local government space
- Prior experience as a contracting officer, procurement officer and / or acquisition executive within a state or local government agency
- Prior experience within a private sector organization in a consulting and / or contracts administration role
- Prior pursuit and/or capture manager role
- Prior consulting experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum qualification); MBA or Post-Graduate degree is a plus
Job Requisition ID:54446
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy