Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and is Europe’s highest valued private fintech company. They offer products and services to consumers and retailers within payments, social shopping, and personal finances.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to join our rapidly expanding B2C team. The person who will be successful in this role should have experience impacting and contributing to building world-class brands and putting the consumer at the heart of the work. Additionally, a successful team member at Klarna should have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience working cross-functionally, have a great eye for creative story-telling, be high on talent, low on ego, and genuinely want to make a change while obsessing over our consumer.
What you will do:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for building and executing world-class strategic and creative brand programs and activations, guiding the Klarna brand in all marketing touchpoints. You will turn complex propositions into simple and creative communication so that consumers develop an emotional connection to our brand and understand our offering. The ability to combine creativity and business acumen to elevate Klarna’s brand equity with our consumers is a requirement. The work you do will solve a clearly scoped problem-space with defined KPIs, and you will continuously seek improvements in performance and quality. You will regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders such as social, PR, media leads, and external agencies to influence marketing plans. Additionally, core to this role is building out the go-to-market plans for all initiatives you are leading.
The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment, can quickly adapt to change and has the ability to prioritize work effectively while taking personal ownership of hands-on delivery. This candidate is also creatively driven and has a pulse on culture and consumer behavior.
- Own and support the development and execution of new consumer-facing marketing and brand programs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including growth and CRM) across Klarna to define GTM plan
- Manage external creative agencies
- Obsess over our consumer by providing clear, thoughtful, and productive feedback during creative and campaign development
- Ability to multitask, work against deadlines and manage up to senior stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required in marketing, communications, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in advertising or marketing, agency or brand-side. Creative agency experience in account management is ideal
- A proven track record in delivering stellar brand marketing and advertising campaigns from initial concept to execution
- Experience working with external agencies to create concepts and campaigns
- Strong experience in prioritizing and executing tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial culture, or a company with a strong brand track record
- Can-do attitude (no job is too big or small), problem solver, team player
- Ability to move fluidly between the 30,000-foot view -- operating at the strategic level and ideating -- and also at the 3 foot -- driving tactics, execution, and delivering output.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills - effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal direction
- Previous experience in tech or retail space is a plus
- Proficient in Google slides and sheets
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.