Do you have the passion and energy it takes to help make the best games even better? Do you like playing with and helping game developers understand new technologies and platforms? Do you want to work on products that entertain millions of people across the globe? The Game Developer Partner Management Team is looking for a technically savvy Senior Developer Partner Manager to own and manage Microsoft’s partnerships with external game development studios by providing high-end and hands-on support, evangelizing new technology and making great Xbox & Windows games even better.
You will be the primary contact for third-party game development studios responsible for making them, their games and in turn our platforms into the most successful in the industry. The role requires the ability to understand, communicate and see connections among all aspects of our game development platforms. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Microsoft Game Platform teams, the Xbox LIVE team and many other teams building game-oriented technology across Microsoft. The ideal candidate will have experience leading cross-group, collaborative projects and the ability to facilitate solving complex technical problems that allow for innovative features and new games to thrive on all Microsoft platforms. Strong technical and collaboration skills, experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to ramp-up quickly on end-to-end scenarios and technologies are required.
- B.S./B.A. in computer science, business or related field
- 5+ years of technical program/project management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and context-switch in real-time
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, to prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and to triage issues
- Proven experience in the management of complex cross-group, cross-disciplinary projects
- A passion for gaming and consumer entertainment
- Excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under pressure. Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior management. Prior experience working with external partners or vendors. Demonstrably strong performance history over time
This role requires travel within the continental United States and Canada
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcareSavings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away