We are Mythical Games, a next-generation game technology studio. We believe that true ownership of digital assets, verifiable scarcity, and integrated secondary markets will spawn a new generation of games. These new economies, based on digital ownership, will bring players, developers, and content creators closer to the games they love.
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a Director, Product Marketing to be based in either our Los Angeles, CA OR Seattle, WA offices. The Director, Product Marketing will report to our VP, Marketing, and is responsible for helping to shape the product development process by leading the brand strategy, identity, and market opportunity for Mythical Games brands.
This role represents the emergent voice of the player and drives foundational brand strategy and insights work to guide product development, strategy, go-to-market, and ongoing growth initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Lead the brand strategy, identity and market opportunity for Mythical’s portfolio of products and services
- Partner with studio teams to define positioning, consumer target, and product features to drive brand growth, content development, and go-to-market strategies
- Outline a multi-year roadmap that wins the hearts and minds of players from launch to live services
- Distill large volumes of consumer insights, competitive intel and market trends into tangible and actionable insights that can be used to optimize the player experience and inform strategies for brand performance and activation
- Work deeply with product management to define consumer needs and prioritize improvements for player experiences
- Drive alignment and accountability to results across creative development, campaign management, analytics/insights, publishing, finance, and market planning
- Deliver a consistent voice of the player in concept to develop through to final production and live service execution, ensuring continuity and cohesion across all internal, partner, and player touchpoints
- Facilitate a team environment that is free from failure to test new ways to reach and engage players and fans
- Experience as part of a team that has launched a new brand, product, or live service to market
- Success in crafting a clear strategic vision that was communicated clearly and adopted through all levels of an org and delivered results including market share, sales growth, and profitability at scale
- A data-driven brand strategist with demonstrable experience growing consumer brands, products, or live services at scale
- Experience leading a P&L, demand planning, and forecast analysis
- Experience working with research teams to define tests and interpret data to break down complex problems into consumable and actionable steps
- Strong understanding of business operations with deep critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Flexible approach to problem-solving. Ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to stakeholders as well as the ability to influence and collaborate with others
- Critical thinker with a gift for prioritization
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.