Contentful gives you an API-first, cloud-based platform to power your sites and apps, allowing you to create first-class user experiences. Stop burying your content in a CMS, empower it with a content infrastructure.
About the Opportunity
Contentful is looking for an experienced enterprise SaaS product marketing leader with a passion for activating the go-to-market to drive growth to the business. As the senior director of product marketing you will be responsible for driving the go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning, and market intelligence for the content platform. You should be an excellent communicator, simplifier, and self-starter with a proven track record of working across customers, partners and executive stakeholders in sales, marketing, product, and support.
As the North America senior director of Product Marketing, you will be a core driver of the go-to-market strategy, own the development of product positioning and messaging, develop market and competitive intelligence, and execute product launches that drive product adoption and increase customer lifetime value. You’ll also be responsible for synthesizing field, customer, partner, and market feedback to understand and clarify the needs of our core buyers. You’ll engage with business leaders to influence the adoption of the Contentful platform by turning audiences into advocates within their communities. You’ll be working directly with marketing, sales, and product leadership to build out the buyer’s journey, develop engaging content, and inform demand generation strategies that build and accelerate pipeline.
What to expect?
The profile for our next marketing leader, will be:
- A voice of the customer. As a customer advocate you also engage with analysts, influencers, and partners to complete the full feedback loop and bring insight back into Contentful.
- A champion for market insight leveraging competitive and market data to gain a comprehensive understanding of external factors for defining a GTM strategy, developing messaging and position, content planning and helping the product team develop their roadmap.
- An industry thought leader by sharing Contentful’s story on the overall digital experience market, digital experiences and content. And communicating across all internal groups and customers you will have an opportunity to advise and guide, while serving as the voice of the customer at events, industry conferences and in social.
- A team builder that knows how to partner with other functions across sales, product and customer experience, while working towards the same end goal.
- A born storyteller. You have excellent communication skills and love nailing the story arc on stage, on calls, and on the website.
- A creator, including copywriting, campaign ideas, and leading others to work with communication, content and web development teams.
- A data sleuth. You can pull data to identify important trends about customers and prospects to guide sales and marketing efforts.
- Technically-oriented to the point you understand APIs and developer platforms, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology.
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, IT or technology
- 15+ years of enterprise software experience in product marketing, go-to-market planning, and new product launch
- Track record of creating impactful messaging, positioning, and value proposition creation
- Experience developing market and competitive intelligence
- Proven cross-functional leadership skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong executive presence and customer facing skills
- Ability to understand and use metrics and analytics to measure success, drive desired outcomes, and inform ongoing optimization and strategy.
- Strong people management and leadership experience and ability to hire, coach and develop talent as well as build a collaborative team.
- Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity. Good sense of humor and ability to see work as fun.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 500 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!