VP of Sales
Clyde is searching for a VP of Sales to drive the company's growth engine by building, managing, and scaling Clyde’s sales organization.
Clyde is an end-to-end product protection platform that is re-thinking the way retailers increase loyalty and drive revenue, and the way customers manage their purchases. We are tackling the $50B per year extended warranty market and becoming the de facto solution in the space by leveraging an intense focus on product, design, and customer experience. Clyde delivers product protection plans directly to consumers as they shop, owning the relationship from purchase to claim submission to resolution. We know that the relationship between retailers and their customers is far from over after checkout, so we’re building products to deliver value at every stage of this relationship.
As VP of Sales, you will drive Clyde’s growth engine by building, managing, and growing Clyde’s sales organization. You’ll be responsible for setting and tracking KPIs, managing the funnel, and ensuring Clyde hits our financial and strategic targets. This role is a player/coach position and will be intimately involved in full-cycle enterprise deals and the closing of mid-market to long-tail accounts.
What you’ll do
- Build a team of tenacious salespeople, driven by a culture of empathy, excellence, and healthy competition
- Immediately manage a Director of Sales and Director of Revenue Ops, with a team of 5+ other sellers (BDRs, AEs)
- Build scalable & strategic systems for lead sourcing, qualification, conversion, and retention
- Sell into retail brands, OEMs, and marketplaces at enterprise scale Assist your team in managing a pipeline of long tail ($20M rev) to enterprise ($1B+ rev) ops
- Work directly with Clyde’s CEO and executive team to sell into and manage enterprise opportunities, influence the product roadmap, and strategize top of funnel
Requirements This is the position for you if you...
- Have experience building and scaling sales organizations at Series A-C companies
- Have experience selling into enterprise opportunities
- Have experience managing and mentoring salespeople – from BDRs to enterprise AEs
- Enjoy building processes and structure that enable teams to function independently
- Have experience hiring and recruiting top tier talent
What we look for
- Experience selling into ecommerce and retail
- Experience telling technical products that require solution designing
- Knowledge of ecommerce tools (Shopify, SFCC, BigCommerce) and technical verbiage (APIs, ERPs)
- Strong desire to work directly with a founding team to scale a product with great product-market fit
- Strong EQ, the ability to listen with empathy, and communicate effectively Benefits
Who are we? Clyde is a product and design led organization founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team of designers, engineers, operators, and successful former founders. We have partnered with some of the top investors in the world to help us achieve our vision.
Why should you join us? Clyde is building an incredibly thoughtful suite of products with enormous potential. We are a highly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative team, and we value diversity of all kinds. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. All members of our team will have ample opportunities for professional growth, plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We are building a really exciting company and can’t wait for you to join us.