About the opportunity
Do you want to work on complex financial models and develop frameworks that radically shape how we understand the business? In this role as FP&A Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your passion for numbers and your love of numbers to influence key business decisions while keeping an 80:20 perspective.
Functionally, this role works closely with Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and Contentful’s CFO. In this cross-functional role, you will work on high-level strategic projects, board materials, analyses and forecasting for different business cases, you will collaborate directly with members from each team, from sales and marketing to people and operations, depending on the project. This creates great opportunities for you to develop relationships across the organization and to learn about and contribute to all facets of Contentful’s business.
What to expect?
You will help structure and execute our end-to-end planning and forecasting process in a cloud-based planning system. Operational and financial modeling, planning, budgeting, monitoring and assisting with business process modelling and organization. Business analytics and benchmarking experience give you a strong foundation to extract, analyse and visualise data from various parts of the organisation to create actionable insights and recommendations for improvement.
- A well-rounded experience in financial planning & analysis within a high-growth SaaS company
- Build frameworks and structures to establish ownership, trust and accountability
- An integrative role supporting all aspects of the business
- Opportunity to interact and work with the whole breadth of the organization, from the executive team to independent contributors
- Not just work, also contribute in building an inclusive culture that allows for a balance between autonomy and dependency
- Smart, motivated and compassionate team members
What you need to be successful?
- Experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, or consulting
- Business or quantitative degree
- Deep operational knowledge of Adaptive Planning software and Netsuite
- Financial planning and modeling skills
- Accounting and managerial control knowledge (IFRS or US GAAP preferred)
- Knowledge of databases and data analysis
- Experience leveraging web technologies, web analytics and online marketing tools
- Excel, Excel, Excel
- Exposure to SaaS models and metrics will be a distinct advantage
- Furthermore, you thrive under pressure, love logical thinking, and take pleasure in a sense of completion. You are a team player with lots of drive and initiative, flexible in thinking with a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
If this sounds like you, let us know by sending over an updated CV and cover letter that provides insight about your experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.